Chapter 6

By the time of leaving Dylan clapping his hands, singing the part of poem Noah read earlier 'He did not wear his scarlet coat' over and over

Henry joined him following the melody 'For blood and wine are red' they sang their way out of the cave.

Noah and John stopping their feet laughing at them turning a poem into a song to dance to down the street in the midnight under the bright moon

'He did not wear his scarlet coat' Dylan sang

'He' they all replied trying to keep up with Dylan's movement.

To their surprise the front gate was locked the moment they got to the school. Henry gasped at the sight of the security flashing the light towards the door, they all bent down, and the security missed them just in time.

'What do we do now?' Stanley whispered yell.

'I don't know' Henry panicked

'Why did they lock the door it was open when we left' Noah joined whispering

'Of course it was' Dylan sighed face palming himself.

'Come on follow me' John started to walk on the other side of the gate, walking right behind the school. They checked the backdoor and just the same as the gate. It was locked; the door that leads inside the kitchen was closed.

'Oh my we are locked outside we will die here' Dylan cried.

Henry snorted 'Not the time to be dramatic boy, focus here what do we do now?'

They certainly weren't getting inside the campus with the door locked. John could only think of their only option into getting inside was the hanged stairs, emergency exit.

'Oh fucking gosh they are so high' Dylan pointed out as they all climbed one by one reaching the top of Welton Academy.

'I take it, you are scared of highest?' john laughed climbing behind Dylan.

'Really not the time to mention that I am climbing on my school roof, John, if I fall and die tell my family I loved them'

'I am supposed to be asleep in my room right now and make my parents proud with my good grades' Stanley laughed.

'Too late to back down now, you are in this for lifetime' Henry yelled earning shushing scolding from his friends. Eventually they all got on top of the Welton Academy, taking a moment to look at the small town from all the way up.

'Meh it looks so small from here, doesn't it?' Noah asked.

'Yeah very small' John answered. 'come on we need to get down inside.'

'I'll die if this door is locked now' Henry sighed as John reached for the rooftop door and gasped.

'Don't tell me it is locked' Noah cried only to hear John laugh at his friends. Unlocking the door he laughed back at them.

Henry rolled his eyes 'You almost gave me a heart attack'

'Never do that again' Dylan snorted a laugh.

Sure enough there wasn't anyone as they walked down the corridors to their rooms, just when John and Henry were on their way to their room, the security exit the bathroom and they rushed to hide under the stairs away from the security.

'Fuck!' Henry hissed and John slapped his hands on his mouth.

The security stopped, he thought he heard hissing as he moved his torch towards the stairs. Noah and Dylan slowly opened their room door peeping though the small gap 'Quick give me a book' Noah whispered for Dylan.

Dylan grabbed the first book he put his hand on, Noah opened the door a bit further and threw the book on the other side of the corridor, catching the attention of the security with the loud thud.

The book slammed on Mr. Ronald's room door.

Standing up from his work station Mr. Ronald walked to open the door only to find the security rushing his way towards the door. Mr. Ronald's picked the book from the floor as the much elder security reached him at the same time.

'Mr. Ronald?'

'What is the matter-' he saw John and Henry tip toe out from under the stairs but he said nothing turning his eyes towards the security he gave him a small smile 'I heard a loud thud.'

'Oh, my apologies it was my typewriter, it feel by accident' Mr. Ronald lied.

'Oh?'

'Yes, sorry for the noise I feel asleep while working'

The security smiled and nodded 'Good night, Mr. Ronald'

He entered his room, turned the book around, "Noah McKay" written on the first page. He chuckled to himself walking back to his desk placing the book beside one of his books.

As soon as John and Henry entered their room they shut the door quietly jumping on their bed pretending to be asleep. Just in case the security decided to check on their room. Hiding their giggles, they pulled the covers on their face.

'That was close one' Noah sighed.

'I know right?'

'What book did I throw though?'

Noah turned at his desk to only not find his English book on the desk; he slapped his hands on his mouth 'Shit! My English book' Noah got up from his bed.

Slowly opening the door he made his way out of the room but couldn't find the book he tossed across the corridors minutes ago.

Entered the room Noah face palmed himself 'the book is not there'

Dylan hissed 'Sorry?'

Noah sat on his bed 'no don't worry it isn't your fault I told you to hand me a book.'

'Don't worry we might find it in the morning? I'll get up early to look for it'

'Yeah we can't go out now, the security will find us.'

Noah wasn't worried about his book being lost but he was more worried about someone reading his notes that he had stacked inside the book.

What if one of the students found his book before him?

That night He had his name on it, they will know it belong to Noah!

Trying to push the panic down, Noah finally fell back to sleep waiting for the early morning to find his book without anyone finds it for him.

Noah had a dream about him back in cave with his friends, they are all gathered together without him reading his notes aloud and laughing at him. They are harsh in his dreams.