Chapter 1

Year 1: 1941

By seven sharp all the students found their seats in the gathering hall.

John took his seat at the end of row beside his father, around eight students made their way in the hall carrying candles and banner in their hands.

John carefully studied the much elder students that seem to be in their tenth year meanwhile he was just starting his eights year.

He also noticed on the easel sat the teachers.

Headmaster, Gale Nolan followed in the front of the boys with the banners and candles taking his place on the small stage dressed in black and purple robe.

With a smile the headmaster spoke through the mic in front of him 'Ladies and gentlemen, distinguished, alumni, and students; this year marks the eighty-second year that Welton Academy has been in existence. Eighty-two years ago, in 1859, forty-one boys sat in this room and were asked the same question that now greets you at the start of each semester: Gentlemen, what are the four pillars?' he asked.

'Tradition! Honor! Discipline! Excellence!' answered all the boys except for the new students who just sat there listening.

The small speech didn't last much after the headmaster introduced the teachers to the students and they were dismissed to find their new housing.

John's father placed his hands on his son's shoulders 'we are very proud of you John and we are sure you will make us more than proud this year. Keep your mind on your studies and if you need anything don't hesitate to ask us.'

John nodded with a smile 'Yes sir.'

'Do you have all your bags with you?' Mrs. Davids asked her song, Henry.

'Yes, mother I have all my things with me' Henry replied. She hugged him 'Alright now get going and remember to keep your focus on your subjects alright?'

He nodded.

'Be good Boy' His father, Mr. Davids joined with a nod.

'Tell Hanna and Nina I'll miss them' Henry told his parents.

'Remember no playing jokes on your fellow students Dylan' Mrs. Smith warned her son who stood there with an fake innocent smile on his face already thinking about way to prank his fellow students that he haven't meet yet.

He crossed his heart 'Honest God I will not play pranks only when needed'

'No' She sighed 'Be good, Dylan. Please'

He hugged his mother 'I promise'

Mr. Smith tapped Dylan's shoulder 'Call us if you miss us. Goodbye Dylan.'

Stanley couldn't catch much of what his parents were telling him because he was busy trying to find why his handmade fan wasn't starting 'Stanley? Did you hear me?' Asked his mother, fixing his glasses he nodded not sure of what she told him.

'Alright now get going find your room' His father told him. With a nod he walked to find his room. Only to slam on someone 'Oh, I am sorry-'

'Wow what is that?' John asked curious

Stanley smiled at his fellow student 'This is a fan I made It.' john smiled 'Cool!' with that he went on his way.

'I will miss you' Aiden told his brother, Noah as he gave his little brother one last hug before he was off to find his room. Noah smiled at him 'I told you I will be back for Christmas break in no time, promise I will call.'

Forwarding his pinky waiting for Aiden to join in his finger he smiled at the act of his brother 'Promise?' Aiden asked.

Noah nodded 'Promise.' Taking his book Noah walked away from his parents inside the school making his way to where they were told to find their rooms.