Chapter:17 <Sufferings of Past>

Aliyah operation was successful, but she was critical for the next 24 hours.
They all sat in Karanvir's office quietly.

Samuel:You knew?

All eye's followed his gaze.

Badshahbegum:Kabiruddein ek farishta tha.

All were taken a back the warmth in her voice showed the affection she held for him.

She got up and turned to leave.

Kiran looked at her but before she could ask.

Badshahbegum :Jab daya nahe kaam krti tab dua zaroor krte hain.

She said soflty unlike the hard-core ruthless woman they all knew.

Abhimanyu hurriedly reached the hospital he walked toward ICU.
He saw her through the small window.
The machinery attached to her broke his heart somehow.He looked away.

His phone rang as his assistant called.

Abhimanyu:Haan report nikal.mein aya.

He walked out when he heard a Mandhir bell.

He frowned as he followed the sound unconsciously only to be greeted by a lobby with four door entrances.

Their stood Kiran and Karanvir praying in the mandhir whole heartedly.

He sighed as he remembered his goal but as he was leaving he saw Samuel kneeling in the small church room directly opposite to the mandhir.

He sighed as turned to leave but saw the middle door opened where an old woman prayed on a prayer mat.Even if he couldn't see her face he knew who she was he turned and looked up.

Abhimanyu smiled ask he looked up.

Abhimanyu whispered:Please save her!

He said as he existed the Holy corridor.

Aliyah woke up from the anesthesia to see her grandmother.
Her thoarat was dry she wanted water But understood that.

Badshahbegum:Yeh lein wait. Alistair bacha.

Badshahbegum helped her as she pressed the button. Aliyah felt someone else help she turned to see Karanvir.

He put her hair out of her face slowly.

That's when she saw the other two.

Aliyah:Still anesthesia.
She heard Kiran giggle as Sam came forward.

Sam:No Ms.Allu tamatari Nawabzade..

Aliyah was taken a back ,the hell was happening.

Badshahbegum:Bacha paani.

She said as she fed her water while rubbing her back .The Strings looked on with smiles and a weird feeling they had never seen Badshahbegum show so much love to Aliyah before.

Sam came forward as he held her hand.

Sam:Why?

Aliyah:My feet moved on their own.

All smiled as Sam huffed her she hit him on the back.

Sam:Oww?

Aliyah:Drip!
She showed her arm ..

Sam held his ear:Sorry.

Badshahbegum looked at them smiling as she quietly left not before glancing at Aliyah who blinked she knew what she had to do.

Aliyah:So whose starting?

She asked looking at her friends Sam looked down so did Kiran.

Karanvir:Me..

They all turned to him as he started to narrate his story to them.Tears left Aliyah's eyes like waterfalls she never once thought that maybe maybe when he didn't answer her calls for help he had his own issues to deal with.
Sam and Kiran felt guiltiler.

Sam:Mw next..

He said as he narrated his side of story followed by Kiran who shared some not all ,noone bothered to poke her more.

Aliyah started last only talking about self harm amd why she blamed Karanvir for his death although he wasn't to be blamed for a natural death but she was conflicted cause not only she could have lived with the man she loved so much more and do so much more only of she knew before but sadly she didnt she also told him she knew for sure he didnt file the F.I.R.

Her doctor came in stopping her story midway to check on her.She took a sigh of relief she didn't want to burden or guilt them more by telling them about the drugs and why and how she fell for Kabir.

Samuel went towards surgery and for the first time in 2 years he performed the surgery happily with a light heart.

Kiran sat on the rooftop of HEARTBEAT she felt him sit next to her.
She still couldn't look him in the eye and he knew for sure.

Karanvir without saying a word he opened a chocolate bar and gave it to her.

She took it without saying a word.

Kiran/Karanvir:Sorry!

The two looked at eachother.

Kiran:Sorry for backstabbing you.

Karanvir:And sorry for all your sufferings..you shouldn't have gone through that alone.

She looked away so he did.

Tears escaped her eye's as he was sorry for the sufferings even after what she did.

Tears left his eye's he never truly understood his doll ,how could he call his special one even after all the pain his unknowingness had caused her.

The two passed on the chocolate bar as the bit it one by one with teary eyes just like when they were kids.