(11)

ghost returned minutes later with a plate of food.

a small portion of oven fries, carrot sticks and some chicken he had cut into small pieces.

he handed the plate to me, then handed me a fork.

"i cut the meat for you." he kept his eyes on my hands.

"thank you simon." i smiled, picking up a carrot stick and crunching on it.

"you doing ok? you seem off."

"i'm fine, juuuuust fine."

"how's your face?" he questioned.

"sore, but manageable." i nodded, crunching on the remainder of the carrot stick.

he closed my door and crouched down infront of me, softly peeling up the end of the tape and cotton.

"it looks like it might be getting infected. why don't we head to infirmary after you eat. sound good?" he asked, pushing the tape back down softly.

"sounds good." i nodded, quietly eating.

we sat in near silence for a few minutes as i ate, simon sitting beside me just watching.

"you're like a little mouse." he blurted out.

i nearly choked on my food, trying no to laugh.

"i'm what?" i chuckled, swallowing the food in my mouth.

"you're like a mouse when you eat. tiny little bites, you chew it a million times, swallow, stop, then repeat cycle." he said, proud of his observation.

"god damn it- remind me to never let you observe me again." i put the small remainder of food down on my bedside table, getting up and getting ready to go to the infirmary.

ghost walked loomingly behind me as we headed to infirmary.

when we got there, he explained everything to the medic.

"alright, let's take a look then." the young medic smiled, gently pulling the tape off and gasping to himself.

"that is unfortunately starting to show signs of being infected, i'm gonna give you some shots, put some gel on it, and you're gonna have to come back every 2 days for the same process." he said, getting up and grabbing a few small syringes of liquid.

i sighed.

"can i get my weekly jab while i'm here?" i asked.

"your what?" ghost asked.

"i get a shot once a week for my condition. helps with the pain." i answered, looking up at the nurse.

"sure can." he handed me my needle.

it looked like an epi-pen.

i took the cap off and jabbed it into my stomach, holding it for 10 seconds and handing the empty shell back to the nurse.

he put it in a sharps bin, then moved to my face shots.