Cats and Reunions (GN Reader)

"A battle is currently raging at the Avengers compound in upstate New York," the news reporter said as footage played on the background of your television.

"Wonder who it's against," you muttered, folding your laundry as you listened for any updates, you had friends that were probably fighting in the battle.

"This just in, people that were blipped are," suddenly the television cut out, static filling the air and the screen.

Leaving the laundry behind, you unplugged the television, plugging it back in after a moment only to be met with the same screen.

"Weird," you told yourself and your cat, Vincent, that sat in front of the television. Reaching for your phone you were met with a static screen, showing no service at the top.

Shrugging you plugged in your old record player that laid in the corner of the room, placing on your favorite album and silently humming as you went back to folding the clothes on the couch.

Over the loud music that flooded the room you barely heard the horns and alarms going off in the distance, peering out the window you were met with a line of cars, but you brushed it off since you did live in a major city and it was rush hour. Unfortunately the apartment you moved into after the blip was brand new and the city wasn't so populated at the time.

Silently swaying your hips to the music you imagined a scene of you with Natasha, having a girls night out and dancing to this same tune at the club, letting out a little chuckle when you remembered how drunk she was.

"I need to text her," you told yourself, storing the thought in your head for later when you weren't busy with every day chores.

Finally done with the last of the laundry you left it on the couch, Vincent jumping onto it and curling up in one of your sweatshirts, purring softly and making you smile.

Life isn't so bad.

When everyone disappeared you thought life would turn to chaos. Sure you were still reminded of him every day but the pain had finally gone away. You would probably never move on, but at least now you had a furry companion and your remaining friends.

Walking over to the kitchen, separated by a counter from the living area, you opened the fridge to pour a glass of white wine because today was a relax day meant for you and your cat.

Looking at your shelf you picked out a book, strolling over and picking it up, settling down on the couch next to Vincent in his sweater with wine in hand.

Vincent purred before getting up and settling down on your lap, turning till he was on his back and getting comfortable, letting out a content grin.

"Silly cat," you chuckled, scratching his stomach before turning to the chapter you had left off on.

You had been reading for about thirty minutes when the urge to do something else struck you, getting up from the couch with Vincent scurrying off your lap and pulling out a yoga mat, you threw off the hoodie you were wearing, getting into a relaxed pose to meditate before starting the harder poses.

A crash interrupted your clear thoughts, Vincent stood up quickly, never a good sign, always trust the animals instinct over your own.

Silently making your way to the couch, you reached in between the cushions, pulling out a dagger with a red jewel in the middle.

You could hear the footsteps, getting louder and closer with every passing second. Hiding against the wall that led to the hallway where the intruder seemed to be, you took a deep breath.

Not bothering to see who the intruder was, you wrapped your arms in a chokehold around their neck as soon as they exited the hallway, the dagger tip held to one of the veins of their neck.

"Who are you?" You growled, not bothering to look at the intruders face, only wanting to protect yourself to see another day.

"It's me," the intruder managed to choke out, you recognized that voice, bringing back a flash of memories in seconds.

Dropping the dagger from where you stood, even the loud bang of it hitting the floor couldn't break you from your trance.

"Stephen?" You removed your arms from his neck as he turned to face you, a worn and tired expression on his face, with his eyes still full of light when he saw you.

Tears filled your eyes, just when you thought you were past it, he finally came back, "How?"

"We won," Stephen smiled looking into your eyes, his own dazzling blue ones filling with subtle tears.

Engulfing him in a tight hug, the sorcerer gasped for a breath, making you mumble out an apology and loosening your grip a little but still refusing to let go.

"You kept the ring?" Stephen asked, eyeing the necklace that hung around your neck, holding the emerald and gold ring with a large gemstone in the center.

"Why wouldn't I?" A tang of hurt flowing through you, that he would really expect you to move on from him so easily.

"Thought you mind find someone else," Stephen told you, "But that means I can do this without worrying." Smiling he kissed you slowly, soft and lovingly, the familiar spark returning after five years.

"I wouldn't do that, you know," you told him as you both broke away for air, Stephen's hand moving to cup your cheek.

He hummed before kissing you again, pulling you close, even though in his eyes he had just seen you yesterday.

"You look different," he mumbled as the two of you broke away once again, leaning your foreheads against each other as his hands stayed at your waist.

You let out a light laugh, the pressure you never knew you had finally lifted, "I am older than you now."

Stephen smirked, closing his eyes as you admired the face you had missed so much for five long years, alone.

"Care to explain what exactly happened? I have some details from Tony, but I want to know the full story."

Stephen felt an air of relief when you asked him that, you still loved him, he had won, you weren't going to be too mad at him.

"Care to explain why you wielded a knife to my neck?"

"Natasha might have taught me a thing or two," you stared at your feet, a tiny smile on your face as you admitted that. "Gotta stay safe when the world is in chaos."

"I guess now it can have other uses," Stephen told you with a mischievous gleam in his eyes, moving to kiss your neck.

"I guess it can, after all it's been five years for me," pulling him in by the Cloak of Levitation for a more heated kiss, tongues intertwining.

Interrupted when Vincent meowed and slinked between your feet, Stephen looked surprised, "You got a cat?"

"His name is Vincent," you picked up the cat, taking a paw and pretending to wave it at Stephen who couldn't help but coo over the fluffy animal.

"You named your cat after me?" Stephen asked as you set Vincent down, walking towards the bedroom, getting prepared for an eventful night that was to come.

AN: Tempted to get a cat and name it Alpine <3