Jinxed (Fem Reader)

AN: I'm not sure how or why I came up with this idea but here you go! Sorry for being inactive, AP classes are tough af

The Avengers were aware of the plans, Hydra was going to infiltrate a ball taking place on the day of New Year's Eve. An assassination was going to take place, made to look like an accident, wealthy officials being slipped poisons in their drinks.

The issue was, that the Avengers could not get in, they were too well known by the media, even with disguises the Hydra agents would be taken extra security measures to get in they just couldn't beat. That's why Thor suggested calling in a certain sorcerer friend, who can easily portal into the ball to any destination in the large mansion where it was taking place.

An orange portal formed in a broom closet, a man stepping out clad in an expensive suit and gear hidden from the naked eye. Strange looked around the closet, projecting into his astral form he checked to make sure the coast was clear for him to leave. Stepping out of the closet he adjusted his tie and suit before walking towards the main event.

"I'm in," whispering into his earpiece as he picked up a glass of champagne from a passing waiter.

Scanning the room for suspicious figures, Stephen's eyes found quite a few. A tall woman in a black bedazzled ballgown stood out from the rest of the women attending the ball. She seemed to gaze over the crowd, taking in everyone just like he was doing, and not socializing like others at the ball.

Looking over the room once more all he could find was the woman. Walking over he made sure to smooth out his hair and look ready to talk to the woman. However, after he looked for her, he realized she was no longer there.

Strange's face written over with confusion seemed to momentarily freeze, not seeing the woman coming up from behind, "Looking for me, hotshot?"

Stephen quickly turned around meeting her eyes, "Like you weren't eyeing me right back."

"Maybe you just," the woman paused for a moment adjusting his tie before smirking at him, "peaked my interest."

"Good, care for a dance or a drink?" Stephen placed his hand out, the woman taking it gracefully, following behind him after he placed a gentle kiss on her palm.

She glanced over him, her heels clicking along the floor, "A dance would be fine."

"Does a lovely lady like you have a name?" Stephen flashed her a grin, winking at her.

"Why don't we save that for later," she told Stephen as they finally reached the dance floor.

She's suspicious but oddly attractive. Stephen placed a hand on her hip, looking her in the eyes for a silent nod of permission first. Her hand went to his shoulder as their leftover hands grasped each other.

Before the two could start to dance to the song, the man next to them seemed to stumble on thin air, falling onto his date and making her stumble as well. Luckily both seemed unharmed.

"That was close," Stephen told the woman as he started to sway back and forth with her, her dazzling features seemingly holding his attention captive, ignoring what he was brought to do.

"Bad luck seems to follow me," the woman laughed at her own statement, Stephen's mind stuck focusing on how it sounded like the most beautiful sound to him, a wonderful melody that plagued his thoughts.

The dance seemed to go by so quickly, the two lost in each other's movements and their thoughts. Stephen blatantly unaware that the woman felt the same attraction that was flowing through him. How she gazed upon him the same way that he gazed at her.

Stephen was snapped out of his admiration towards the end of the tune when she asked him a question, "So, what do you do out of making all the women swoon for you?"