03: Like A Rollercoaster Ride

“I can finally move my arm,” AJ says happily, hoping off her seat in the doctors office.

It has been two months since the accident and since Zayn’s release. A lot has happened in those short two months. AJ has stayed living with her mother, but is suppose to move in with her father in the next week. Half of her things were already at his apartment, close to where Zayn has been staying, at Harry’s place.

The doctor chuckles along with Andy. “Just be careful,” the doctor says to her. “Take it easy for the next coupe days. Don’t do anything to crazy.”

AJ smiles sweetly at him. “I won’t.”

The doctor smiles at her. “Alright kiddo, you can go.”

“Thank you,” she smiles as she drags her brother out of the room with her.

“Where are you taking me?” Andy asks as they leave the doctor’s office.

“I have a date I can’t be late for,” AJ tells him.

He rolls his eyes. “With who?”

“My boyfriend, dumbass,” she tells him, rolling her eyes. “We’re going out to dinner and then I think he’s taking me go-carting.” She grins at him.

“Dinner? That sounds fancy.”

“He told me to dress casual,” she tells him. “So hurry up because I have to go home and get ready.”

Andy chuckles and unlocks his car. “Where is he picking you up from?” He asks. Both of them get into the car and Andy starts to drive away.

“Mom’s,” she tells him as searches her pocket for her phone.

“What time?” he asks, keeping his eyes on the road.

“Seven,” She says happily. She couldn’t be any happier. This has been the first time in weeks she's actually spent any real time with Zayn. She could feel the anticipation bubbling up inside her.

“And what time will you be home? Because you have moving to do tomorrow,” He tells her.

She rolls her eyes. “I don’t know. Like ten?”

“Well you better not get home too late,” Andy says.

“Listen, I really don’t really like being bossed around. I’m getting enough shit from him and I don’t need it from you too. Just please,” she begs. “I’m stressed enough as it is. It’s just one night.”

He sighs. “Alright, sorry.”

“Thank you,” she says with a smile.

He looks at her from the corner of his eye. “No problem, kid.”

***

A few minutes before Zayn is suppose to pick her up, AJ rushes around her room looking for her phone. It is her own fault for not having a working clock in sight or any organization for that matter.

Shit, shit, shit. “Where is it?” She curses to herself.

“Lover boy is here!” Andy calls up the stairs.

AJ groans and grabs her blue hoodie since it is already starting to get cooler at night. July has been pretty mild this year; not very many super hot days.

“I’m coming!” She yells back. She pulls her hair into a ponytail and looks at her self in the mirror one last time before going downstairs.

“Hey,” Zayn says with a grin when she reaches the bottom of the staircase.