22: Settle Down

22: Settle Down

AJ’s skin feels like it’s on fire from Zayn’s touch. His body is always so warm and inviting. 

 “Zayn, seriously, I have to call my mom,” she mumbles as he kisses her lips and down her neck. “Zayn,” she half whines. “Zayn, come on, please.”

 “You don’t have to beg for me, baby. I’ll willingly do whatever you want,” he jokes with her.

 She looks at him. “Zayn, I’m serious.”

 He pulls a straight face. “So am I.”

 She rolls her eyes and pushes him off her. “Give me ten minute and I’m all yours. I just have to make a phone call and I'll be right back.”

 “Promise?” He asks, pouting at her. 

 She smiles and kisses his lips. “Yes, you big baby.”

 “I am not a baby, I’m a man.”

 “Alright, baby face, give me a minute and I’ll be right back,” she tells him, hopping off their shared bed. Zayn smirks at the pet name as he watches her walk over to her bag to grab her phone.

 She returns to him, climbing over him to the other side, too lazy to be bother to walk around. When she lays down, he pulls her into his side, putting his arm around her shoulders as she dials her mother’s number. 

 She picks up on the third ring, greeting her daughter with a happy hello. 

 “Hey,” AJ says into the phone, holding on the ear opposite of Zayn. “I need to figure out what I’m going to do about school.”

 Anabelle sighs. “You can do whatever you want to do.” Her voice is loud enough for Zayn to hear, too. 

 “What do you want me to do?” AJ asks. “Because I don’t want you be disappointed...” Zayn pulls her closer into his body and kisses her temple, smiling down at her.

 “I would never be disappointed. You’ve come so far in these past few years sweetheart.”

 “But–”

 “If you want to drop out, go ahead. It would be better actually. You could stay with Zayn and get married sooner. Plus, you already have your degree.”

 “But what about the money?”

 “You can keep the extra tuition money if you want. He signed a contract to pay me every month and never specified in it that it had to go towards your tuition.”

 “No, you keep it, I don’t need it.”

 “Honey–”

 “No, I'm serious. I want you to keep it. Just don't let him know I dropped out and we'll be fine. Please, mom.”

 She sighs. “Alright, but I'm going to spend it on a wedding for you two.”

 AJ rolls her eyes and Zayn chuckles. “Mom,” she groans.

 “You two are having a proper wedding, I don't want to hear it, Annie.”

 “And a proper honeymoon,” Zayn whispers in her ear, then nipping at her earlobe. “We’ll have lots and lots of fun. Maybe even break a mattress or two.”

 AJ shivers from his hot breath on her, but tries pushing him off as he moves down her neck. “Alright,” she gets out as she fights with him. “Just get in contact with my school and tell them everything, please.”