25: Everybody's Watching Me

25: Everybody’s Watching Me

AJ sighs heavily as she fixes their bed. “I don’t understand why you have to do this.” She tosses the extra decorative pillows in the corner of the room in frustration. 

Zayn groans as he pulls his shirt over his head, leaving his body half exposed. “AJ, you heard what Harry said, it’s the best idea and it’s much safer than us running or me trying to go after him.”

“Do you really think he’s not going to figure it out?” she asks. “He can’t be that stupid. He figured out that I was still dating you when I lied saying I wasn’t.”

Zayn scoffs as he kicks his shoes off. “AJ, this is different.”

“How so?” She crosses her arms across her chest, tilting her head to the side, waiting for an answer from him. 

“Because it is. You must've known he was going to figure it out.”

She huffs. “Whatever.”

Zayn smiles at her. He kneels on the bed and crawls over to her side, taking her hand and playing with her fingers. “Baby, we love each other too much to break up just because he said so, and you know that. Everybody knows that. We're kind of meant to be together.”

She sighs and her face softens when she sees him looking at her with his golden brown eyes. “I guess so,” she says, hiding a smile.

He grins at her and pulls her by her hand towards the edge of the bed. He leans forward and kisses her. “Don't worry about it, alright? I'm going to be fine and everything will be over with sooner than you think.”

She pouts and wraps her arms around his naked neck. “Promise?”

He nods, kissing her again. “You already know I’m not going to break that promise,” he tells her softly as he plays with her left ring finger. 

She smiles up at him. “I love you.”

“I love you, more,” he responds. She smiles and he pulls her onto the bed. She falls on top of him, straddling him lap. Zayn grins up at her, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively at her, moving his hand to rub her thigh. 

“My brother is in the next room so don't even think about doing anything,” she tells him in a hushed yell, swatting his hand away. 

He chuckles and sits up as she moves to lie next to him. “I'm just kidding,” he says, kissing her cheek. “Let's go to sleep, alright? I have a long day tomorrow and you should spend some time with your brother and his girlfriend.”

“Andy isn't going with you guys?” She gets up from their bed and goes over to her bag to find some clothes to change into. 

Zayn shrugs as he unbuckles his belt. “He didn't say anything, so I don't know. But he can come if he wants, the more the merrier, huh?”

AJ pulls out on of Zayn's t-shirts and a pair of cotton shorts to sleep in. “Maybe he'll go. I think his side if everything could be useful.”

Zayn nods as he gets up from the bed, walking around the room in just his boxer shorts. “Is that my shirt?” He asks with a smile, raising his eyebrows at her as he gathers his dirty clothes to put back in his bag. 

“Maybe...” She says with a smile. “I'm going to brush my teeth and change. I'll be right back,” she tells him before grabbing her things and leaving the room, shutting the door behind her.

When she leaves, Zayn plugs his phone into the outlet by the nightstand and then setting an alarm for nine AM, an hour before the time he, Harry and Louis decided in leaving. It’s already one thirty in the morning and he's thinking he probably won't be getting much sleep tonight.