05: Confident Coward

Zayn glares at him. Not only is he sitting on his car, but he’s just pissing him off in general. First, he interrupts them and now he's going to be up his ass about not seeing his daughter.

“What the hell do you want?” Zayn asks him.

Sonny smirks. “I want to know why the hell you think it’s okay to sneak into my house and fuck my daughter.”

“First of all, didn't sneak in; she let me in and second, I didn't fuck her,” Zayn tells him through his gritted teeth.

Sonny chuckles and stand up off the car. “Listen Zayn, my daughter is the only family I have right now. And I can tell you, right now, she needs me as much as I need her.”

“She doesn't need you,” Zayn says sternly.

“Oh, but she does. I am her father, whether you like it or not.”

“You're a pretty shitty father if you ask me,” Zayn tells him fearlessly.

“Why don't you keep your mouth shut and let me finish?” Sonny asks rhetorically.

Zayn rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. “Continue on with your bullshit lies.”

“Listen kid, I don't care what you say, I don't want you seeing her anymore.”

“I love her more than you ever will. You can't stop me from seeing her.”

Sonny scoffs. “Yeah, sure ya do. I know what type of guy you are, Zayn. Once upon a time, I used to be the same thing. Do you know what that means? You really don't give two shits about her. She's just an easy fuck and one day you’ll leave her, break her heart, or even get her killed; and that can’t happen.”

“You don’t fucking know anything about us. I would never do anything like that to her,” Zayn says, getting in his face.

“Really? Because last time I checked, you did all three of those things,” he says, smirking evilly.

“I saved her from you,” he replies in a low tone, clenching his fists.

“And look how that worked out for you.”

Zayn stares at him. “Why the hell do you even want her with you, anyway? You don’t care about her. She’s just a burden to you. Why are you doing this to her? She doesn't even like you. She's scared of you. What kind of father are you? Scaring the shit out of tie own daughter. It's pathetic how you're still trying when she doesn't want you.”

“I'm not having this argument with you, Zayn. Just stay far away from her,” Sonny tells him as he starts towards his building.

“I don't take orders from you anymore. Sorry, chief,” Zayn says sarcastically.

Sonny turns around to him, stalking back over to him. “You need to get in your car and leave and don’t come back. ‘Cause if you do, it’s not gonna be good for you.”

“What would you do to me? Kill me? Because that would go over great with your daughter who loves me and not you.”

Sonny just smirks. “I’d hit the road.” With that, he turns on his heal and leaves.

Zayn rolls his eyes and gets in his car. “Fucking asshole,” he mutters to himself as he drives himself the way back to his shared apartment.

He storms up the stairs and unlocks the door, swinging it open then slamming it closed again.

“Who the hell is slamming the door?” Harry called from their small living room.

Zayn throws his keys down on the coffee table and sits next to Harry on the sofa. Zayn sits with his arms crossed, staring straight ahead at the television.