02: Born Hell Bound

02: Born Hell Bound

Harry stops dead in his tracks, not knowing what to do. Should he say something? Pull Zayn away from him? What would you do? It's like he's seeing a ghost or the devil himself.

“What the hell are you doing here, Sonny?” Zayn spits back at him furiously.

The man smirks darkly. “Here to see my daughter, of course.”

Zayn chuckles. “Really? Because last time I checked, she was on your hit-list.”

Sonny, AJ’s father takes a step closer to Zayn. His frame towers over the newly released convict. He stands at a little over six feet tall with broad shoulders and strong muscles. He isn’t scared of the boy who stands in front of him. “Funny how times change,” he says, lowering his tone and keeping his stare.

Zayn stares up at him. He can feel the anger boiling up in him. “Just move,” he tells him, pushing passed him.

Sonny stops him, putting his hand on Zayn’s chest, holding him back. “Why don’t you go home?” he suggests, nodding his head towards the elevator down the hall. “You were just released. You should rest,” he says mockingly.

Zayn looks at him. “Why don’t you? It’s not like you actually care about her.”

Talking back to him is like taking a bite from the forbidden fruit. Zayn has always liked a challenge, but sometimes he bites off more than he can chew.

Sonny smirks down at him. “And you do?” he challenges.

“A lot more than you do, that’s for sure,” Zayn tells him. His fist subconsciously clenches.

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that if I were you,” he tells him in a low, dark tone, before making his way down the hall to the elevator.

Zayn stalks off down the hallway towards his desired destination. “Can you fucking believe him? Coming here to see her.” He scoffs. “As if he actually gives a shit about her. He’s never cared before. I have no clue why he’s starting now.” Zayn rants as they walk down the hallway, trying to find AJ’s room.

“He’s such a prick,” Harry mutters as he catches up to Zayn.

“God so help me if I find out he’s done something to her,” Zayn says as they approach her door.

“It’s fine. He left. Just go in there and get everything straightened out, okay? Just calm down because you’re going to scare her if you walk in with your fist clenched like that,” Harry tells him, squeezing his tense shoulders. “You look like you’re about to kill somebody, Zayn.”

Zayn snaps out of his daze and unclenches his fist. He takes a deep breath and stops plotting his revenge for just a moment. “Okay,” he breaths. “I’m fine.”

“Are you sure? Because I don’t think you should see her if your still pissed at him.”

“I’m fine, Harry,” Zayn snaps.

Harry takes a step back and puts his hands up, surrendering. “Okay, fine, whatever you say.”

Zayn rolls his eyes and folding up the cuffs of his shirt to his elbows. “Do you want to go in or stay out here?” He asks Harry calmly.

“Whatever you want me to–” Harry stops when he hears yelling coming from the room.

“No! Tell me why he was here!”

“Calm down, AJ!”

“Don’t tell me to calm down, Andy!”

Zayn looks at Harry before storming into the hospital room. Harry follows closely behind him, making sure he doesn’t do something to get him sent back to jail. Harry grabs his arm to stop him, but Zayn breaks free of his hold. He walks quickly into the room, catching Andy's eyes first.