00: Fast Car

00: Fast Car

Three and a half years later: May 21st.

"But I don't want to live with him!"

"Do you want to graduate with your masters?"

"Yes, but why can't he just give you the money?" AJ whines to her mother.

The tension in the room is dangerously high. Their fights had gotten worse over the last few years. Too much stress on both of them leading to hurtful words and doubts, hurting their mother-daughter relationship. Not that there was much of a relationship to begin with.

"Because he wants to get to know you better, Annie."

"But he's still on parole! He still belongs in jail! You would let your daughter live with a criminal?" AJ yells, as if the answer is obvious.

"Oh! But not to long ago you wanted to run off and live with that kid who is in jail now!"

AJ rolls her eyes. The comment hurt, but she would never show it. "Because he didn't try to kill me, like my own father!"

Her mother sighs. "His parole officer is always going to be with him. He won't be able to hurt you. Annie, he wasn't the one who pulled the trigger, you know that."

"I don't care. I don't want to be anywhere near him." She crosses her arms over her chest, trying to get her point across. Living with her father is a risk she doesn't want to take.

"Andy is going be living in the apartment right next door. He wouldn't let anything happen to you," she said.

She knows her mother is right, but still, she's scared—terrified of living with him. She knows he wants to get to know her better, but after what her brother had told her about him a couple years ago, she didn't want any part of him. If he really cared, he shouldn't have left in the first place. Trying to make an effort now is pointless. At twenty two she can do and say whatever she wants.

"What if I get a job?" AJ asks hopefully. "I can help pay for my tuition and–"

"Even if you did, it's still a lot of money. Between you and I, there's no way we could pay it."

"What if I take out a loan?"

"They make you pay interest on loans. You'll be in debt, Annie. You've already saved by living here while going to school. Just, please, take his money. It's the least he can do and you know that. And if he lays a finger on you, you know I will have him arrested again."

AJ closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. She rubs her eyes in frustration before opening them again. "I'm going to for a drive. I'll decide what I'm doing when I get back," She tells her with out thinking twice.

"Alright. Be careful," she says, kissing her daughter's head and letting her go.

AJ grabs her purse and slips on her worn, classic black Converse. As she's about to storm out the door, somebody stands in front of her, with a grin. She rolls her eyes and tries to push passed her brother.

"What's wrong, squirt?" Andy asks, blocking his sister from the door. He crosses his arms over his muscular chest and raises his eyebrows.

"I need to get out of here," she confesses quietly.

"What happened?"

"I don't want to live with him," she tells him.

He sighs. "Where are you going?"

“I’m just going for a drive,” she says. “Can I please go? I’ll be back later. Don’t worry, I’m not running away.”

“You better not. That was a week in hell,” he tells her sternly, trying not to remember the memory.

AJ sighs and hugs him quickly. “I’ll be back. Don’t worry about me, okay?”

He nods and kisses her forehead. “It’s my job,” he tells her before sending her on her way.

She smiles at him before leaving. She walks straight to her car and gets in, driving away before anyone can stop her.

I hate this crap.

AJ comes to a red light and stops, deciding where she plans on going. Visiting friends from school sounds like the best things she’s heard all day. Between the stress of school and home, she needs to have some fun.

Her phone buzzes in her purse that is sitting on the passenger seat. She looks up, making sure the light is still red before grabbing it quickly. AJ unlocks her phone, seeing she has a new notification from her calendar.

RELEASE DAY.

Just two words, yet so important; life changing words even. Her breath catches in her chest as tears start in her eyes. That small distraction made her miss the car coming towards her. With just a split second to react, there isn’t enough time.

Sirens and policemen flood the area. Blood and glass everywhere.

If she could rewind time, she would’ve been ready. But it’s like trying to reverse a bullet from a gun. Once the trigger is pulled, there’s no undo button.

_____  

Hello lovelies! 

So here is the prologue! Hope you like it! I’ve decided to write this in third person, just because it’ll be new. But anyway, tell me what you think! Love it, hate it, confused? Tell me!   

Also, being that it’s February 1st, it is not only Harry’s 19th birthday, but it is also my 2 year anniversary on here! Just thought I’d share. But yeah, I love you guys.   

So comment, vote, and fan (or follow. I’m still going to say fan, I’m not liking the new “Follower” crap to be honest).  

Tell me what you think is going to happen! And if you haven’t, make sure you watch the trailer in the part before this!   

That is all for now! Love you guys! xx    ♥