21: This is Love

21: This is Love

“I love you,” Zayn whispers, kissing the top of AJ’s wet hair. 

She smiles up at him. “I love you more.”

 He smiles down at her, kissing her lips. “Impossible,” he says confidently.

 She snuggles into his bare chest. “So, how are we going to explain why we need clean sheets to the cleaning lady?” 

 He chuckles. “I'll tell her that I murdered your—”

 She stops him. “That's enough from you.”

 He smirks. “It could work because those love bites are still pretty fresh.”

 “So are yours,” she counters.

 “I'll handle it when they come to clean.” He winks at her and then kisses her forehead. “So how do you feel?” He asks seriously, “Does anything hurt?”

 “I feel fine, but I feel like if I stand again, I’ll fall over,” she tells him honestly. 

 He laughs, kissing her softly. “I'm sorry, baby,”

 “But what about you? You should have a massive hangover.”

 “It's actually not that bad. I think the hot shower helped a little bit.”

 “I have pain relievers in my bag if you need it,” she offers. 

 He shakes his head. “Nah, I'm good.” 

 They lay there for a moment then Zayn sits up a little to read the time on the TV. It is almost noon. He's looks down at her. “Are you hungry? Do you want to go get breakfast?”

 “I like this side of you,” she tells him with a smile. He returns the gesture as she sits up. “Where do you want to go?” 

 “A diner or something?” He suggests. 

 She nods. “Sounds good.”

 “Well, go get dressed. You can’t go out dressed like that,” he teases, trailing his hand under the covers to rub her bare thigh.

 “I wanted to put clothes on, but you're the one who told me not to and just wear your shirt,” she says, swatting his hand away, “so don't even try to be all cute and innocent.”

 He smirks at her, kissing her temple, then pulling her on his lap. “It's not like you hate it,” he tells her. “Plus you didn't argue very much.”

 “It's only because your shirts smell good,” she says, sticking her tongue out at him. 

 “It's my natural scent,” he boasts.

 She smiles and nods mockingly. “Whatever gets you through the day.”

 “That would be you,” he tells her, smiling at her. 

 She rolls her eyes playfully at his sudden sappiness. “Aren't you sweet.”

 “I try,” he smirks.

 She kisses his nose and then hops off his lap, skipping across the room to grab something to wear. Zayn follows behind her and grabs a shirt and a pair of jeans, putting them on as she dresses with her back to him. He walks over to her, and wraps his arms around her bare waist as she puts on a pair of jean shorts. She buttons her shorts and turns around to face him as she pulls the zipper up. He looks down at her with a smirk.

 “Yes?”

 “Nothing.”

 “Then why are you hugging me from behind?” He shrugs. “Then can you let me finish getting dressed?” He nods and smiles at her, letting go of her. She smiles at him as she pulls a tank top over her head. “What has gotten into you?” she asks.