NINETEEN

Vanessa was making her way down Main Street when what appeared to be homeless man, leaning against the wall, caught her attention, "Excuse me? Sir?" he looked up at her, "Are you alright?" Vanessa asked as she approached him.

"Oh, yes," he nodded, "I'm alright, thank you," The man said.

"Are you sure? It's quite cold out," she wrapped her jacket tighter around her, "And you don't seem to be very well covered," Vanessa said, taking in his appearance.

"Well, I'm as covered as I can be, but thanks anyways, Vanessa," The man said.

"Are you sure?" he nodded, "Okay...if you say so," she turned to walk away, but stopped when she realized he said her name, "Wait," she turned to him, "I never told you my name. How did you..." Vanessa said.

"Aren't you the Mayor's daughter? I'm sure everyone knows your name," The man said.

"Right," she nodded slowly and went to walk away, "You know, I know almost everyone in this town," she turned to him, "And I'm certain that I've never seen you before," Vanessa said.

"I guess this town is bigger than you thought," The man said.

"Hm, that's what my mother says. Well, uh, goodnight and try to stay warm," Vanessa said and started to walk away.

The man slowly approached her from behind, pulling a cloth out of his pocket and grabbed her, covering her mouth as he pulled her into a nearby alleyway. Vanessa kicked her feet as she muffled into the cloth, but the man's hold was too strong and she was to no prevail.

"Shh," Vanessa soon fell unconscious in the man's arms, "I'm sorry, Vanessa," The man said before picking her up bridal style, and carrying her off.

----------<3----------

Meanwhile at the Sheriff's station, Harper, Emma and David were sat in Harper's office where Emma handed David a cup of tea.

"Thank you," Emma nodded, "I hope Kathryn's somewhere warm, not out in the cold," David said.

"David, I think you need to start worrying about yourself a little bit more here. Your wife is missing, you're in love with another woman," David looked at Harper, "David, I know about that and I'm not talking about Mary Margaret," Harper sighed, "Then, there's this," she picked up Kathryn's phone records from her desk, "Unexplained phone call," Harper said as she looked the papers over.

"I know. I know. I just...I can't explain why it says that. I didn't do anything to my wife," David said.

"I'm pretty good at spotting a liar," he looked at Emma, "And, honestly, liars have better material," Emma said and Harper nodded.

"Now, go home," Harper said.

"I can go?" David asked as he looked back at Harper

"We don't even know if there was a crime yet. So, get some sleep," Harper said.