SIX

Flashback

The Dark Princess walked through the corridors of the Dark Palace, "Is there a reason you're following me around the palace?" Vanessa asked as she stopped walking and turned, to see the Huntsman following behind her.

"Your mother told me to watch you," The Huntsman said.

"Well, I'm not a child anymore. You're relieved of your duties," Vanessa said and continued walking down the corridor.

The Huntsman followed her, "You can't actually relieve me of my duties, only the Queen can," He said.

"Well, I just did. Now, leave me alone," Vanessa sighed, "It's not like I leave the castle anyways," Vanessa said.

"We both know that's not true," The Huntsman said.

The Dark Princess stopped walking and turned to him, "Excuse me?" She said.

"You sneak out of the palace when your mother isn't watching you, don't you?" The Huntsman questioned.

"That's none of your concern," Vanessa said.

"Is she keeping you from something?" Vanessa didn't answer, "From someone?" she looked away, "She is, isn't she?" The Huntsman asked.

"What do you care?" Vanessa said.

"You can't let someone stop you from finding love," Vanessa looked at him, "I don't have that chance, my heart is locked away. You do though. So take it, find your happiness," The Huntsman said.

"The kingdom's people think I'm a villain, and villains..." she shook her head, "Don't get happy endings," Vanessa said and began walking away.

"Your Highness..." The Huntsman called after her.

"Leave me alone!" Vanessa said as she disappeared down the darkness of the corridor.

End of Flashback

Vanessa walked down Main Street when she stopped and opened the door to the pawnshop, entering it, "Mr Gold?" she walked further into the room, "Mr Gold? You in here?" Vanessa called out.

Mr Gold entered the store front from the backroom, "Vanessa," he walked behind the counter, "How can I help you today?" Mr Gold asked.

She walked up to the counter, "What did you do?" Vanessa asked.

"What ever are you talking about?" Mr Gold asked.

Vanessa scoffed, "Don't play games with me, Gold," Vanessa said.