THIRTEEN

Vanessa was folding clothes in the living room when Harper walked into the house, entering the living room.

"Hey, what happened with Ava and Nicholas?" Vanessa asked as Harper flopped on the couch.

"Their dad, he showed up. Changed his mind," Harper said.

"Changed his mind? Just like that?" Vanessa said with a smile.

"He might have had a little nudge," Harper said.

"They found their father. That's great," Vanessa said.

"I wonder what that would be like," Harper said.

"Maybe you'll find out. You can't give up," Vanessa said.

"I don't know. I kinda think giving up might be the best plan. I think I need to let go," Harper said.

"No, you don't," Vanessa said.

"Really? If they wanted to know me, they wouldn't make it so hard to look," Harper said.

"Maybe. But maybe there's other reasons, maybe there's an explanation," Vanessa said.

"If there is, then it's something crazy. Something even crazier than Henry's theory," Harper said.

"Yeah? What's Henry's theory?" Vanessa asked.

"Well, that my parents put me in a magical wardrobe, and sent me to this world to save them," Harper said.

Vanessa chuckled, "And who does he think they are?" She asked.

Harper looked at her as she sat up on the couch, "Well, for one, you," Harper said.

"Me?" Vanessa said, surprised.

"Well, the Dark Princess," Harper said.

"The Dark Princess has a kid?" Vanessa questioned.

"And apparently, Snow White. He thinks Emma's her kid," Harper exhaled, "Apparently that book Mary Margaret gave him? Not exactly the stories in the most traditional sense," Harper said.

"I have a kid...you'd think I'd remember that," Vanessa said as she continued to fold clothes.

"Yeah, you'd think," Harper said.

Vanessa looked at her, "You do kind of have my eyes," Vanessa said.

"And apparently, according to others, your boldness," Harper said and they both smiled.

"Wait, if you're my...child..." Vanessa narrowed her eyes, "Wouldn't that make Henry my grandchild and adopted brother?" Vanessa questioned.

"Wow...that would be one confusing family tree," Harper said.

"Yeah," Vanessa said.

"I think I need to get some air," Harper stood up and walked to her box of belongings, "I'm gonna go think," Harper said and grabbed something out of her box.