TEN

Flashback

Prince Charming was looking at his reflection in a shield; he was dressed like a knight, looking identical to Prince James.

King Midas and Prince Edwards approached him, "There he is, our Savior!" Prince Charming looked at them, "The man who is going to tear the dragon limb from limb," Prince Charming drew the sword which King Midas had turned to gold, "You do this, and you'll be a legend," King Midas told him before walking off.

Prince Edwards looked at Prince Charming, "Good luck. You'll need it because where you're going, I've never seen a man come back a live," Prince Edwards said before following his father.

Prince Charming noticed something wrong with his armor, and tried to fix but failed. A knight walked up to help him, "Here. Let me. You fastened it wrong," he properly fastened Prince Charming's armor, "Here. Give me that," The knight said and took Prince Charming's sword from him.

"Well, how will I fight? How will I protect myself?" Prince Charming asked.

"You won't. You will stay outside the cave while we kill the dragon. If you don't come out of this alive, Midas won't give our kingdom any gold. You might have the title of hero, but not the job," The knight said and they heard the roar of the dragon come from the mountain.

----------<3----------

Prince Charming and a group of knights were now walking up a mountain trail. Along the way, they saw various burnt items from previous knights who had been given the job of slaying the dragon.

They arrived near the entrance of the dragon's cave, and the knight who helped with Prince Charming's armor turned to the others, "The dragon's lair is through there," he looked at Prince Charming, "You stay here. We'll be back," The knight said and some of the knights drew their swords before entering the cave.

Two knights stayed behind with Prince Charming, "Did you know him well?" Prince Charming asked.

"Who?" A knight asked.

"My brother, the prince," Prince Charming said.

"Yeah, we knew him. He was the bravest man I ever met," A knight said.

The dragon's roar could be heard from the cave, and suddenly flames could be seen at the cave's entrance as their fellow knight's screams could be heard.

"They need our help," Prince Charming said and tried to run into the cave, but the two knights held him back.

"We stay here. Our orders are clear," A knight said.

"People are dying!" Prince Charming said as her snuggled against the knights.

"Don't move! Stay back!" A knight said.

Prince Charming broke free from the knights, and ran towards the dragon's cave before he could be stopped. He ran over to a knight that was lying at the cave entrance, whose legs were on fire, and Prince Charming dragged him away from the cave. The knight dropped the sword and Prince Charming helped the knight put out the fire as the dragon emerged from the cave and flew away.