Episode 21

Jungkook's pov:
Another paparazzi, another moment of anger, another argument with my father.

This whole thing was so so out of control that i just couldn't keep myself sane sometimes. But i looked through the internet and scrolled to read the whole news report, on my iPad which was stated in bold letters , while hobi hyung stood beside me like a bodyguard he is. Well, unfortunately he is.
The article was all about Jeon Enterprise partnership with Mphasis Ltd.

My father and Jin hyung shaking hands and me at the back and my smile slipping. Jeon Enterprise was just a cover for our dirty business as I liked to call it. But according to dad, it is something worth worshiping. Heck no.

The list of workers employed is not out yet and I am thankful for it. I scrolled even more down to have a look at the comments which my mother has told me not to do because people don't give a shit before being rude and saying things which can hurt a person's heart by stating them as constructive criticism. The question was "Did I care? " And for the answer again it was HECK NO!!

I looked through the comments and most of them were how lucky the workers would be to work under us.
I don't know about others but i was damn lucky to have one particular person work under me.

Some netizens were curious about the KIM INDUSTRIES collab, our only rival.
To be honest, they are quite competent and their CEO is quite a young man unlike ours which is still my father even though every thing was under my fingers.

KIM INDUSTRIES was not just business,they had schools and colleges all around and they were quite generous to open orphanages, while we were the ones who made child orphan because of our business.

I pushed the thought aside because I didn't wanted to dwell in it. Quickly sending text to my PA, I asked him to provide all the info about the workers from Mphasis Ltd to work for us. I glanced at the clock and it was ten in the night and my PA would be fast asleep with his family, so i didn't bother calling him. He has a family which waits for him and I have one which will not give a single shit if I don't return back home.

I think I was definitely not the kid they wanted. My father is quite fucked up but my mother is the one who keeps him sane. Putting brain in his empty skull is her job. I remember all the times when my father came back home all drunk and angry. My mother would tell me to get back to my room with my nanny and without looking back I did. Because there was not much to see, the next day all I saw was broken glasses and cutlery. I didn't get it back then how my mother used to be such a great woman who tolerated him. I bet if there would be any other woman, she must have left at a heartbeat. But my mother never did.

He was new to this business arrangement and called as a small 'gangster' was one of the many things he never liked to be called. Another was womanizer when his relationship out of the wedlock was the gossip of town. An illegitimate child and other stuff like that were flowing through the air back then. I was not even born back then but these stories never died even after the woman with whom he had this relationship with was dead. It was a small car accident but the rumours were wild.

My running train of thoughts were hindered when Mr. Kim knocked on the open doors of my office room. He was another companion of my father's business but as soon as he had his first child, he came out after clearing all his footprints which might have led his child to follow down his trodden path. But he never broke his friendship with my father. His son Namjoon hyung became my friend too.

All of it brought nothing good to me but him. I was so happy when he shared his toys with me when all the other kids used to stay two feet away from me. He used to take me to his home when he had practice hours of piano and I would watch him silently until I also got a catch of it and started to play it on my own. The music we used to compose, were sweet and innocent just like we were but the truth ate us alive.

I looked at him and straightened my expression, not letting him catch any glimpse of reminiscing moments I was drowning into.

Number one rule: Never show the true self, try to hide it behind a mask so they will never conceive you. The world out there doesn't care but all it wants is to take away from you.

He came in inside without my permission but then again I had no say on it.
"I saw you guys last week out in my yard. You were having fun" He looked back at hobi hyung.

"Yeah" The answer came too dry but I am not the one who says much.
"The old golden times, you guys must have missed them. That's alright."
I can feel the need behind his voice.
"Why are you here?" Only if dad will listen to my tone, he would kill me but thats what happen when someone puts their eyes on my mother. He should be thankful to his son that I have not killed him yet.

"You know what I do for living, I need your help"
A lawyer seeking for help, see how tables turn.

"What is it?" The sharp danger lingered my voice which was ensured when he trembled.

I looked down at my rolex watch it was around eleven and tomorrow will be long day but. There's always been these buts which have butted in my sleep schedule. Letting it pass for this last time i looked back at hobi hyung telling him to go now. He nodded and left.

The problem involves Mr. Kim's own brother and Kim Industries. I knew one time around I will face them. There is a small fight in one of their colleges and some guardians are trying to file a lawsuit. But that will somehow tarnish their reputation. So I have to make a meet there and try to cool them down, which they will do.

"Why exactly the fight broke?" I was curious, no really!

"I don't know much, but a girl was involved."
Oh, so is this what it is. A small fight over a girl.
"No problem, I will take care of it."

To be continued
Thanks for reading
Please vote