Chapter Nineteen

1 week later (correct grammar)

It is our 6 month anniversary. 

I am excited. I got my first paycheck yesterday and let me tell you, I was shocked at how much it was. Five hundred and ninety dollars. It was more than I could ever earn at the flower shop. 

The money isn't a lot but it could afford something plus what I have in my bank account. I am currently heading to the bank to draw $2,000 so that I could purchase something for them. Since the day started, I haven't heard anything from them and it was worrying me. 

Did they forget that it was our anniversary?

No, they can't forget. They must be busy or "working".

The cab stops at the bank and I get out, pay my fair, and then head to the bank. For the first time in forever, the line wasn't long so I didn't have a lot of waiting to do.

——————————————

Stealing is only legal when it comes to banks. I am supposed to have $17,540 in my bank account, yes I keep counting, and before I draw the money, it was $17,000.

"But it's just $540."

That $540 could've bought me something nice and I could've treated myself with it.

I sigh as I enter the jewelry store. I thought about buying both of them watches because I rarely see them wear watches. They probably have a ton due to how rich they are but stills... it's the thought that counts.

The fresh AC hits my face and a chill runs over my body.

I walk to the cashier.

"Good morning." I greet.

"Hello, dear." The guy smiles. He looks to be around my age group.

His brown chestnut curls fall on his head like a mop, a cute mop, as his brown eyes stare at me with interest. He is taller than the counter and that means he is taller than I am. He is taller than I am because I have to take a step back so that I could look him in the eye.

"What can I get you?" he asked.

"What kind of watches that you have for $1000?" I ask. I wasn't going to buy anything more than that for each because I want to get them something else, too, other than watches. That'd just be too plain if I get them only watches.

The guy then went on to tell me the types of watches that he has. There wasn't a lot that costs less than $1000 since watches are expensive nowadays.

"I settle for a Bulova Lunar Pilot."

"What color band?"

"Black and Brown."

"Coming right up."

The guy went to the back rooms and then came back with two watch boxes. He opened them and turned them to me. I hummed in approval.

"That's the one."

He smiled at me and cashed it.

"That'd be... $952 for both." My eyes widened.

It's way cheaper than I expected.

I handed him the cash and he checked it out and then gave me back the change. He placed the watches in a small pocket and handed them to me. I bid goodbye and then head to Forever 21. As pathetic and broke as I may sound, the gifts were worth it — to me.

——————————————

I finished getting what I wanted for them and I checked the time.

It was just 10 a.m. I left out pretty early this morning so therefore why it is still so early. I checked my phone to see if I had any notifications from them and didn't see any. I frowned in disappointment.

I decided to be the bigger person and text first.

To Madi - good morning, babyyy🤗💗

To Jj - hellooo, my love😋

Ew. Cringe.

They didn't see the message as yet so I decided to go and get myself some coffee and then I head to home.

I hailed a cab when I saw one coming down the streets and it stopped right at my foot. I got in, telling the driver good morning.

"Where to, ma'am?"

"To Starbucks, please."

He nodded and drove off in the direction of Starbucks.

It didn't take him long to get there, about 6 minute drive.

I paid my fare and got out of the car and into Starbucks.

——————————————

The day is boring. It's around 11 and no texts, and no calls as yet. I didn't have work because I called off and told them that I had an important appointment to get to. It made sense that I attended work.

I sighed and slumped my body on the bed.

There's no hope l—

My phone began to ring.

I spring up from the bed and snatched it from the charger. I looked at the caller ID.

Incoming Facetime from my favorite individuals!

I answered and grinned at the camera.

"Hello," I said with a shit-eating grin on my face.

"Good morning, my love," Madison said and I hummed and laid down on the bed.

"How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good, what about you?"

"Perfect." Note the sarcasm.

"That's good," Madison said and she gave me a look through the phone, "get ready in 15 minutes."

"What?"

"I know that you're mad at us because you think we forgot our anniversary but we didn't." Madison chuckled.

"Oh, I—"

"Justine is coming to pick you up in a few."

I nodded and she blew a kiss at me and I caught it and placed it to my heart. I smiled when the phone hung up and squealed. They didn't forget!

I mean...they have a vampire memory so I didn't expect them to...

Stop lying, bitch.

I wiped up myself quickly and then sat in my wardrobe for five minutes. What kind of outing is it? They didn't say. She just said get ready. I sighed and decided on a black circle skirt, knee length, and a red blouse. The skirt has straps coming up so that it could attach to the back.

I got ready within a minute and then I got a text saying that I should come downstairs from Justine. I smiled and took up the gifts, placing them in my bag.

I went downstairs and prepared for a wonderful day.