Chapter Eighteen

"warmth."

"i feel someone staring at me - justine?"

the female laughed behind me and i furrowed my eyebrows.

"you're asleep, shut up."

"the staring is uncomfortable when i'm sleeping." i mumbled and turned into justine's chest, "i must have mouth water and mata must be in my eyes, and ew."

"mata?" i could hear the confusion in her voice and it made me giggle.

i throw my leg over hers, groaning slightly when i felt a minor pain across my lower region.

"it's those things in your eyes when you wake up. mata is the jamaican term." i explained.

"ohhh. the term that we say is mucus." she drawled out, "so how would you use mata in a sentence?"

"mata inna mi eye."

"i think you said mata is in your eye?"

i hummed to confirm her statement and snuggled more into her body. heat radiated off of her body and it just me feel smoochy because i was already cold.

it felt like she is in shorts and a blouse already while i was naked.

"where's madi?" i asked.

"downstairs making breakfast. she'll be up in a few." i nodded and didn't say anything else.

with how warm i was getting, i started to feel the drowsiness overtaking me once more and i fell back asleep.

--------------

"wake up. you have work." i was awoken to someone shaking me. i groaned.

i didn't want to wake up.

"darling," the familiar voice whispered in my ear. i feel her peck my cheek and started to kiss down my neck. i hummed and turned so that she could have more access to my channel.

a moan came from my lips and justine kept kissing my neck. i could feel my nonexistent underwear getting damp.

the sheet was suddenly tugged from my body and i yelped, my eyes shooting open. i grabbed one of the pillows and placed it over my body. i scowled at justine.

"god, i hate you." i groaned and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"you have work, get up."

"don't you have work?"

"we do not."

"then what do you do then, huh?"

"paperwork over by the coven."

"so all this time i've been lied to?"

"not necessarily. it is still work."

"work that you didn't have."

"sometimes we travel to other countries to visit covens that are having rogue problems, neighboring covens, uhh, and just sign papers that are related to what we do. so when we say we have work, we're most likely out of the country or visiting a coven."

"and i am just knowing this now because?" i scoffed and got up out of the bed. my legs quivered a bit but i quickly got over it as i started to head to the bathroom.

"we-"

"no, justine. it's the fact that you guys had me thinking that you were just there while i was texting down your phones telling you how much i want to see you and all that. i'm not saying that nothing is wrong with needing your attention but while you were out of the country? it makes me seem needy and impatient and disgusting. at least you could've said something about it or given a hint that x, y and z."

i slammed the bathroom door shut and rolled my eyes.

"baby," justine knocked on the door, "i'm sorry that we didn't tell you where we were. there's no excuse that could possibly make up what we've done and why we've done it."

"whatever." i mumbled and went in the shower and turned it on. i stepped underneath the shower head and let the cold water run over my body. a shiver came from me but nonetheless, i stayed under the cold water.

--------------

Madison Kingston

when justine came downstairs and into my space, i shot her a glare.

i heard everything and i could hear the anger in her voice.

if she's mad at justine then that means she's mad at me too.

"look what you did." i said through gritted teeth, "she's mad at us now all because of your big mouth."

"she had to know."

"yeah but not like that. whenever we have something to tell her, we sit down like civil adults and talk it out. you just blurted it out!"

justine looked down in guilt and i shook my head.

my vampire whimpered and told me that justine's vampire was apologizing and that he was sorry.

"it's okay, justine. just next time, you sit her down and you speak to her calmly about it," i said and justine nodded. she came towards me and i wrapped my arms around her. she hugged me back and rested her head on mine.

"let's hope she doesn't stay mad at us for long."

--------------

kai came downstairs, dressed and ready for work.

she's wearing a black blouse with bell sleeves and high waist jeans and slippers with a fluff where the toes are. her toenails were painted a yellow color. she must've done that when she was upstairs.

she didn't say anything to either of us as she went to the fridge and took out her water bottle from the freezer. she was about to leave when i called out to her.

"kai."

she stopped in her steps and turned her head slightly.

"aren't you going to eat before you leave?"

"no." her answer was short and her voice was cold.

i sighed and walked over to her.

"not because you're mad at us, you shouldn't eat something."

kai sighed and turned around, muttering something that my vampire's ears didn't pick up.

justine handed her the plate with steaming pancakes and blueberry syrup, scrambled eggs, and stripes of bacon. she sat down around the table and took up a fork.

"if i am late, i will deal with the both of you."

i grinned and we saluted to her.

she had 30 minutes left to get to work and we could get her there within 3 minutes.

kai dug into the pancakes and when the slice she put in her mouth hit her taste buds, her eyebrows furrowed and then her eyes widened. kai nodded in approvement.

"this is good," kai said

i smirked and justine and i high-fived each other.

bingo.

--------------

Kai Mckenzie

after i got in the car, justine closed the door. madison watched us from my porch and i waved bye to her through the window.

no, i wasn't mad at them anymore, as much as i wanted to be.

justine got in and she turned on the car. it roared underneath her touch and she reversed from its current position onto the main road. when i looked back, i could see that madison was no longer where she was.

during the drive to work, nothing happened. we just sat in silence and as often as we would glance at each other, she was saying something and i was saying something.

"i'm sorry."

"it's okay."

-

cringe, ew

chapter 21 and then the book is finished. this is taking too much time. idk if its because the chapters are over 1300 words and they're taking long to write but... it's too long now