Chapter Thirteen

Justine Broomfield

she accepts us.

she loves us.

i couldn't he more happier.

she wants to see our coven and i honestly don't even know what to say to her. no? yes? it is dangerous out there for her. she's human and most of the vampires that are there feeds on human blood. i don't want to risk her being around hundreds of vampires that are blood thirsty.

not under our watch, we won't let them hurt her but what if something comes up and we both have to leave her alone? what then? what do i do? 

we were still in the position we were before, laying down, and kai was sleeping. madison was admiring our girl and i glanced at them.

"your thoughts are very loud." madison muttered and looked at me, "if you're that scared that they'll hurt her then announce that our mate isn't there for blood donation but protection."

"and then?"

"we rule them, justine. they'll listen."

 i nodded and madison smiled. 

"we should take her out sometime."

i hummed in agreement, "definitely but where though? kai is very picky." 

"hmm, i was thinking like a picnic date. get her favorite foods, her favorite color blanket and some stuff we know she likes. we could also get her a few gifts, nothing extreme because kai doesn't likes expensive." madison went on and go in the detail about the date, making sure to keep her voice down, "and then, we could propose to her- a promise ring."

i like the idea.

"absolutely," i replied, "but when?"

"we need to plan and make everything smooth so anytime we're finished planning and making arrangements."

i nodded and we lay in silent for a minute or two.

"our anniversary." the thought chipped in, "our 6 month anniversary we can take her out since it's in a week and a half."

"perfect."

——————————————

Kai Mckenzie

i knocked on the door that was once red and is now brown. there was no answer and i knocked once more. i heard footsteps coming to the door and it was soon opened.

"kai," he smiled as soon as his eyes fell on me, "how are you?"

emerson hugged me and i hugged him back. he squeezed me and then released me from his grip.

"im doing good, what about you, emmy?"

"oh, i've been better. come on in." emerson came out of the doorway and i entered the house. he closed the door after him and i went to his living room. i could hear the heavy footsteps behind me and soon, we were both situated in the living room.

"so what brings you here?" he asked.

i thought of how i should word my sentence.

"i am retiring. im giving up the shop to you." i said and emerson's face fell

"what? noo, you can't do that." emerson started to protest but i cut him off.

"i must." i reasoned, "it doesn't do a lot for me and people don't really come to the shop no more. the income is very low and with all those flowers, they're just going to dry and die."