Chapter Twelve

this has been going on for about a few minutes now and i was starting to feel lightheaded.

"you're killing her." the other one said and my eyes moved towards him, trying to get him to tell his friend to stop.

this was some supernatural thing. 

vampire stuff.

the red eyes, the fangs and the speed. it's strange because i see those features in madison and justine, too. it could be a prank because they always say its nothing when i ask them about it or that i am imagining things.

could they be...?

no.

they would've told me if they were, right?

"that's enou-" his sentence was cut off by a scream coming from him and i saw madison. the guy that was biting in my neck leaned up at the sound of the chaos and his eyes widened. 

madison was standing above me in an instant and she picked up the guy like he weighed nothing, and throw him across the room. before i could blink, she was in front of him one more time and was attacking the guy. 

i saw everything. when she killed the guy, her eyes, her teeth, her fingers and her skin. 

my eyes started to flutter shut and i didn't try to fight it. 

i saw her combat boots walking before me and a voice echoed before i passed out.

with only one thought in my head- and a fact -i passed out.

——————————————

i woke up to hushed whispers. at first, they were fuzzy but i started to hear them clearly.

"she's going to freak out. she saw me."

"plus she literally got attacked! fuck." 

"and it's not like we can compel her to forget it. it could cause some damage."

my eyes opened and they fell on madison. everything came back to me and i gulped.

don't scream. she'll bite you if you do.

don't make any noise.

madison felt my eyes on her and looked at me.

justine looked at me too.

is she a monster, too?

"how are you feeling?" madison asked me and started to walk towards me. on instinct, i crawled back on the bed. a look of hurt crossed her features and she stopped walking towards me.

justine held her hand and i looked down at it.

she knows.

she's in on it.

"you're monsters." i whispered. my voice cracked but i know they heard me.

they tensed.

"baby—"

"no! don't you dare 'baby' me, justine." i said, "i trusted you and you and this is what i get? why wasn't i warned before?"

"we fear that you would react like this." madison said and walked towards me. i gave her a look and she stopped, "kai, please just listen to us and let us explain."

"explain what? what is there to explain!?" i exclaimed, "more lies?"

"we never lied about anything."

"yes you did. the sparks, the butterflies. did you compel me to feel those? have you even ever compelled me?"