Chapter Five

after we spoke about whatsoever, madison excused us and pulled me to the hall where we were away from justine.

"yes? you said that you wanted to talk to me about something?" i ushered her to talk.

she looks nervous and that increased my curiosity. what was she nervous about?

"im sorry."

i side eyed her.

"for what? you haven't done anything." i said and madison shook her head.

"im sorry for the first time that we encountered and forth. i was being mean and said some rude things. i came off as a bitch and for that i want to apologize to you." madison said and my mouth went agape slightly.

"madison, you don't have to apologize." i said and placed a hand on her cheek, "it's normal for your first reaction to be that. i was a stranger."

"yes but judging your situation and how we met and everything, it was wrong."

i shook my head and didn't say anything. i tipped up to peck her cheeks — both of them — and stood up straight once more.

"it doesn't matter now. it's in the past and it is the present now. let's forget about it, okay?"

madison nodded.

"okay."

"good." i patted her cheek and lowered my hand from her cheek. she held my hand and we walked back to the living room where justine wasn't present.

"where'd she go?" i muttered to myself.

"probably outside."

i nodded and madison led us outside and around the house to the back. i gasped when i saw the huge pool and the lounge chairs. how rich were these people? the backyard was very spacious and it led to the woods that i ached to explore.

"woah." i said in shock and looked around.

each of the floors on the house had a balcony that viewed has a view of the backyard and im pretty sure that it was looking beautiful as hell and marvelous from up high.

i'll have to go to the top floor some day. there's only four floors.

i saw justine picking up some towels from off of the lounge chair dropping them in the straw basket that was beside the last lounge chair.

"never again." she mumbled and took up the basket. justine looked at us and then me and then madison.

"tell your friends that they should clean up after themselves." she pointed to madison and madison laughed.

"they're our friends."

justine whined.

"imagine, julia and brianna went at it and i had to touch the towel that they used to clean up after themselves. it's absolutely disgusting." i let out a small giggle and justine looked at me with a small glare.

"i see you both enjoy my pain." justine snarled at the both of us and i took a step back.

"call them to come and clean up after themselves." i shrugged, "how long ago were they here?"

"day before yesterday. like, literally. they're so nasty." justine pouted and walked passed me and to the wall. there was a hole in it and she placed the napkins over the hole and it sucked it in.

ohh! it's one of those things that rich people use!

i would never stop calling them rich people, i swear.

——————————————

i ended staying for another hour or two and then i saw that it was almost 2 p.m. i groaned when i realized that i had to leave now and came out of the game room and went to look for madison and justine. it didn't take me long to find them when i heard them arguing about something.