Chapter 32: My first and only love

What Aizawa advised Kana was true: only time and life could tell if her decision of trusting Izuku again was the best

     The fear and apprehension followed Kana's heart for the first months after forgiving the greenish male. She made sure to enjoy any moment with him, have fun and feel his love again. Yet her heart always expected this to be only a dream.

     Izuku didn't let this change a thing about his goals. With Kana's help, he created a better schedule to follow from now on and they also made some plans about trips, dates, and places to visit around the country or maybe even the world!

     The first few weeks were hard to keep up with the plans, but differently from the past, now it's only because of emergencies, not for option.

     It has been difficult even for Kana to keep up since the rain is punishing hard some regions around the country and causing a lot of tragedies, so she's being needed more than ever this year.

     Actually, the whole Rescuing System is overburdened.

     And by having more free time while Kana is away, in another city, Izuku could feel and understand how hard it was for her in the past, when he was the one letting her alone by his own choice. He misses his fox a lot but she's the one out working now.

     How the tables turned, yet this only motivated him even more.

     Every time Kana come back home, after an exhausting rescue, Izuku is there in her penthouse, to welcome the fox with a simple homemade meal, a warm bath and a lot of cuddles.

     Those little moments, gestures and doings melted Kana's heart and slowly pushed the fears away. As time goes by, their bond is healing and getting stronger once more.

     Now is visible to both how the things that are always called "little" makes so much difference in a relationship. It works like a glue that keeps everything together and working well.

     The small kisses, gifs, calls, the short "good day at work!" text every morning... Even the little was essential for their love to blossom once again.

     Thinking about all those things, Kana is making her way back home again. Well, crawling back since she's worn out, for the first time in years.

     The Foxie Kana was working in a big disaster in a rural area. All rescuer heroes were called to help to find victims that got dragged away by the water after a storm caused the local dam to overflow and destroy the reservoir's structure.

     It was five long and exhaustive days, where she even needed to use Kurama's true form to be able to endure the rain and strong currents, to rescue the ones who were drowning in the middle of the flood.

     If Kana is so ragged out, it's possible to guess the state of everyone else, from heroes to rescuers. Not only physically but mentally, due to the number of deceased being immense.