Chapter 29: I'm choosing myself above all this

"Wow! That's the right way to see things, Nana!" Ochaco beamed in amazement

"Wow! That's the right way to see things, Nana!" Ochaco beamed in amazement. "I agree, you'll end up the winner no matter how this drama will get closure."

"I mean... After everything I went through in my life, I can't ask for more than I have. My biggest goal in life is reached: the world sees me as a heroine, no more a threat. I have a lovely family, that's odd but perfect for me. My career is ascending like ever..."

"Two hot men are trying to win your heart~!" they chuckled at the silly comment. "Well, one of them is a bit ahead, or am I wrong?"

"Hmm, I don't know. I like both a lot but the word love kinda scares me now. I fear that all this "courting" is only a phase and when any of them win me over, everything will cool down and I'll be stuck in a shit relationship again."

"You have a point, Nana. A lot of relationships end up due to this. The passion dies down, the couple falls into a routine and everything gets into an automatic cycle that only repeats itself until both gave up."

"Yeah, pretty much what happened with me."

"But if isn't passion, but true love, the couple overcomes this and the bond starts to blossom again."

"Hm... If this didn't happen before with Izuku, what ensures me that the past will not repeat itself?"

"You'll need to trust him and take a shot. I mean if you indeed choose him in the end..." thinking a bit, the brunette had a guess. "I have a theory! Maybe Deku did wrong to you because his love didn't mature alongside him?"

"What do you mean, Coco?"

"Think with me. Deku only worked all those years about his quirk and hero job. So basically his love for you got stuck in time, being the same from his fifteen years. For example, he only took you on small dates, being together was enough, no one had too much responsibility about each other's feelings..."

"Oh... I think I get it. He just kept doing the same things over and over again, like a young boy, not a man. Honestly, I never felt like a real woman with him... Not as much as I feel with Shouto, so this is a good theory, Coco!"

"Who knows, maybe now he wants to show you a new version of himself? As Kiri says 'a manly one'."

"Well, let's wait and see then. I just believe if I see with my own eyes now."

"So damn lucky this foxie, ugh!" she groaned, bumping her shoulder. "Two hotties on her knees."

"Oh~ So do you want another man too?"

"GODDESS FORBID! Nana, I can't even handle only Katsuki! No, no, no. I'm definitely satisfied with him alone."

"Who knew... You and Kacchan together, huh?!"

"I always had a thing for his rude personality and strong... Well, everything! I just didn't expect for him to call me after so long just to 'work together'."