Chapter 06: The Festival Begins Intensely!

The Yuei Sports Festival is officially beginning!

     Kana is bouncy around as never before and arrived early in the morning, entering the almost empty waiting room inside the stadium.

"Tokoyami~!" she screamed seeing the boy and bowing at him happily. "Good morning!"

"Morning, Kana. You seem pretty happy." the boy smiled a bit.

"Yes! It's like I just drank a gallon of coffee! I didn't even sleep." the fox said looking around. "Also, I changed my mindset! As you said, it's a great opportunity to prove ourselves and that's exactly what I'm going to do!"

"Happy to see I helped." he chuckled at the fox. "You look like a fox pup..."

"Because I am!" she giggled.

     Soon, all the other students came around, chatting with excitement, but the happy atmosphere died down abruptly after Todoroki practically declare war against Midoriya and the class. Both he and Kana automatically remembered the talk they had about his strange aura a few weeks prior.

"He really is trying to prove something." she whispered to the boy on their way out to the arena.

"Just like you and me. Me to your uncle and you to the heroes." Izuku said nonchalantly.

"It's more to the world for me..." she smiles weakly.

     When the freshman students appeared at the arena, the public went crazy, screaming. Kana looked around in amazement, never seeing so many people together before. Instantly she decided that'll be better to keep her eyes down to avoid distractions or anxiety.

     After yelling some words, Midnight called Katsuki Bakugou to the stage to do a speech and Kana embraced herself, having a feeling that he'll do something unique.

"I pledge that I'll be the number one." he boomed seriously, showing his thumb down to all students. While everyone was either booing or cringing at him, the fox girl was wheezing hard.

"Oh gosh, he's so funny!" her mates looked at her like she grew a third arm, shaking their heads.

     After all the commotion, and some funny comments made by her uncle to her dad in the speakers, the students are now getting ready for the first event: The Perilous Obstacle Race Around The Stadium.

     Kana is already in her Spiritual form, braiding her now pink hair down in a loose and thick braid, blue tails dancing around with the freshness of her heart.

"Want some help?" Izuku offered, helping the fox to finish the braid middle to down like he did other times in their training days. "Are you nervous?"

"No! I'm so full of energy that I may just fly to the finish line." she started to bounce again. "And you?"

"I'm sure you will! But... I confess I'm a bit nervous... I don't know how I'll use my quirk to win this..." the boy sighed. Kana grabbed his face between her hands to look at his eyes seriously.