Chapter 16: More than friends

The next day Izuku woke up full of determination

The next day Izuku woke up full of determination. He took a capricious bath and moisturized his freckled skin, put on a little bit of cologne, brushed his hair, and neatly adjusted his uniform to look impeccable.

He wants to make a good impression but the most important thing will be his honesty and truth when confessing his feeling for Kana. All of this without losing his confidence that, no matter what happens, he'll win Kana's heart.

Yet all of this was thrown out the window by seeing her hiding in the tiny fox form, sadly camouflaging in Bakugou's hair, who only eyed him irritated. Her tails and ears are all floppy and still, he noticed.

"What happened?" he mouthed to the blonde.

"GUESS WHAT?" he did the same, angry because she's been like that since earlier, when she just jumped on him this morning, saying nothing.

Deciding to not let this affect his plans, Izuku got closer to them trying to act normal.

"Good morning, Kana, Kacchan..." the fox opened her eyes slightly but only licked his hand that came to pet her ears. "Are you not feeling well this morning, Kana?"

Not giving a clear answer to him, she sighed and curled herself again, returning to her nap. Izuku had no choice but to let her be for now.

When the class started, Kana got to her desk but didn't change back, laying on her table with eyes focusing on the lesson. Aizawa got worried seeing her like this but decided to say nothing for now, waiting for lunchtime to talk in more privacy.

The first part of the morning was awfully quiet and lunchtime came crawling. The minute the signal sounded out, Kana ran to her dad's arms, searching for comfort. Also wanting to ease his concerned aura.

Sadly this only delayed Izuku's plan more.

Aizawa took his daughter to a different office, where they can talk without interruptions. Immediately she changed to her human form, now that they were away from people.

"Come here, kit." he motioned to his lap, where she curled up laying her head on his chest. "Why are you so sad this morning?"

"I'm confused, daddy..." she murmurs.

"About what, kit?"

"Feelings, aura, changes..."

"Can you be more specific?" she moved a little to look into his eyes.

"I noticed another person's aura changing itself a time ago and got interested in keeping an eye on it to see where this goes since I never experienced such sentiment before." she pauses to see if he got it. "Yesterday I saw that said feeling is getting stronger with time, super quickly actually."

"Is a good feeling?"

"Yes and pretty strong but... That's what confuses me. If the person likes or loves someone with such... Intensity and passion, why are they sad about it? Love isn't a good thing?" Aizawa sighed.