Chapter 24: Closure

Awkward

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

     Awkward.

     That's the perfect word to describe Aizawa and Kana's dinner. At 7 PM the girl got up to his floor and the table was already set. Pretty basic, like all dinners they had before, with only a small vase as decoration, her favorite flower in it. The meal choice was her favorite one too.

     Well, at least Kana can tell he's trying somehow.

     The dinner was quiet, none of them talked anything beyond 'goodnight' when she arrived. And it got worst as the plates become empty.

     Honestly, Kana has nothing to say to him. She's hurt and disappointed with him, also afraid of saying something else and be triggered. She hated to feel this again, it has been so long... As said before, after her rescue, Kana lived surrounded by a bubble of love and care, created by her new family, which was eager to heal her.

     So having someone that healed her before hurting her now, in the same way, was more painful than any harsh words she endured before. So to Kana the subject of his personal life died for her on that day and she doesn't care anymore about his feelings or if he loves that woman or not.

     And just now Aizawa is realizing all of that.

     Now the hero understands what Hizashi was so worried about. Shota was so focused on his feelings and on keeping his pride intact that didn't see that he made his kit go back to step one, like the first day.

"It feels like seven years ago..." he said, finishing his sparkling drink.

"Hm..." she just kept playing with the liquid inside her glass.

"Same food... Same flower... Same drink..."

"Same coldness." her dull eyes avoiding his broke his heart.

"Sorry, Kana..." silence. "I'm very sorry, Kana. I did wrong with you, I recognize. I shouldn't  have yelled at you, just like I never did in all those years."

"You... You were just like him at that moment..." a single tear fell from her eye saying this. "I never felt so scared of you before..."

"I'm so sorry, kit... Now I know... Nothing I say now will change the fact that I hurt you that day, I understand. But I want you to know that I love you with all my heart and nothing will ever change this. You're my daughter... And I act that way only because I was... A-Afraid."

     Aizawa put his right hand over the table, reaching for hers, holding it in a firm grip, which Kana accepted, wanting to listen more about his reasons.

"As you already know, before adopting you, I had a fiance. Naomi was a hero too, kinda unknown due to being an underground hero and always being on secret and stealthy missions, but she was the best of her class from another hero school outside the town. We met while working together and... We fell in love." he sighed with the memories. "It was pretty hard to deal with her death. Even after arresting the villain who did it, my heart didn't stop hurting..."