Chapter 14: Give him back!

Later in the day, Pixie-bob and Ragdoll provided Class 1-A with the materials for them to make their dinner

Later in the day, Pixie-bob and Ragdoll provided Class 1-A with the materials for them to make their dinner. After some discussion, the curry was the choice for tonight's menu.

Each student is helping with something, all concentrated on their activities. Kana is helping by using her spiritual flames to light up the ovens.

"Look how cool! One oven has red flames and the other blue ones!" Mina laughs, eyeing the fox and Todoroki.

"Why your flames are blue?" the boy asks.

"Those are made with my spiritual fire, it's a different type of fire that can't be extinguished in any form. Just by my will."

"Interesting..." he observes the girl, admiring how her simple yellow dress is hugging her torso and the skirt moving freely with the wind, like her black hair. "I want to know more... Can we talk a bit, since we're free?"

"Oh... Okay!" she was surprised by the direct request but walked to the trees nearby, sitting down under them. "What do you want to know?"

"Why do you hate my father?" again blunt and straight to the point, catching her off guard. "I remember well when you told me that you want revenge over Endeavor."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to offend your family. It wasn't me at that time..." he's puzzled now. "I was under the fox's fury... So it wasn't me but the... the Demon Fox."

"So are you telling me... I fought a demon that day?" he's shocked.

"You can say that... I'm so sorry. I was so furious because-" she stops and looks away.

"Of my father..." he continues. "What did he do, Kana?" the girl sighs, bothered for having to talk about it again.

"My clan made an evil decision, wanting to rule the world. Due to them having the 'purebloods', the only ones who can use the ancient Japanese fox quirk, they provided to one of their successors a Quirk Marriage to a Korean clan. Said clan has a similar fox quirk, just as ancient as theirs... So pretty much that's how I end up with two powerful quirks; from the ancient Foxes Gods." he's astonished by how much their pasts look alike.

"And by ancient, I presume too dangerous, right?" she nods in answer.

"It's very dangerous and volatile, most of the records say those quirks 'controlled their inheritors to evil'. Not that I believe that but... Their union was considered forbidden, a crime by the hero society. Because of this, when I was eight years old, not only your father but all heroes got reunited to decide what to do with me. If I should be mentored, be in a high-security prison forever, or... Well, killed like my clan was..."

"This is... Insane!" Shouto is horrified by how the adults chose to deal with that. "How can they simply decide this like it is nothing?"

"Because of my clans' past and intentions while conceiving me... They just wanted to stop the foxes gods in any way. Not wanting to risk a kid with both "evils" within."