Chapter 10: The internship

Knocking at the office door, Kana took in a deep breath

   Knocking at the office door, Kana took in a deep breath. She's so nervous right now. Using some comfortable white shoes, tight black jeans, and a long-sleeved white shirt, the fox adjusted the bag on her back, that's full of clothes and items to spend one week away from home. In her hand was a big suitcase with her hero uniform in it.

   A weak 'Come in' was heard by the girl and her shaking hand opened the door. Inside the big office walking around is the pro hero Thirteen. Kana's heart is pounding hard, eyes shining in awe.

"Kana! So good to see you here! Come in, take a seat." the girl bowed at the woman, quickly sitting in front of her. "I can see you're already excited."

"Yes! I have so many ideas of how to help on each occasion. I took the time to study the possibilities of tragedies in our country and how I can help in typhoons, earthquakes, landslides, and-"

"Wow! Calm down. Take a deep breath, Kana!" the hero laughed seeing the girl do as she said while holding tightly a notebook, something she created with Izuku's help. "How many coffees did you have this morning?"

"None! I obviously can't deal with caffeine. I'm just so honored and happy to be here with you!"

"I love your enthusiasm! I'm also eager to orientate all this energy in the right direction. So let's get a look at those notes of yours and see where we can improve!"

     And that's pretty much how started Kana's internship. The hero is super gentle and calm with the fox and this only made Kana admire Thirteen even more.

   The next few days flowed at this rhythm, studying and learning about how to deal with each occasion and its victims.

~🦊~

"Are you sure this outfit is good to a rescue, Foxie Kana?" the hero questioned her recruit.

"Even tho is a kimono, this stylized version I made has some shorts under the minidress, both in a perfect size so I can move my legs free, just like the tight sleeves give me the same result. All of this is made with a strong and resilient fabric! So, yes! It's a good outfit. Don't worry about the exposed skin, I heal quickly. Sometimes I can't even get hurt!" Kana explained with a big smile.

     The fox is with Thirteen for five days now and the woman still being amazed by her enthusiasm for everything, finding adorable her habit of talking so much and so quickly. Her thirst for knowledge and desire to save people gives the hero the certainty that she made the right choice in recruiting the fox.

     Most of the time they're together, Kana learned from the hero only theoretically but now both are on a bullet train to a neighboring city, to rescue some people from a poor area, where a small building collapsed, due to its terrible infrastructure.

     That's why Thirteen asked about her costume.

     Approaching the area, Kana is already in her Spiritual form, anxiously waiting for instructions.