Chapter 27: Life will give you the answer

'I need u, pls

'I need u, pls.'

That was enough to Hitoshi drop everything and run to his sister.

Years ago, when he was a Shinso's still, this affirmation would sound very weird to him. But since the purple-haired guy was adopted by Aizawa, their relationship changed a lot and a strong bond blossomed.

All weirdness that always surrounded them since they first met slowly faded away. Mostly due to Kana's actions, after a while he understood why she was so persistent. Her empathy towards his aura and cautious approach to help him to deal with his past turned the duo into true friends.

And soon, in true siblings too, including the young Eri Aizawa.

Hitoshi and Kana got even closer to each other after him being transferred to her class in their second year, at class 2-A. After getting closer to Aizawa due to his mentoring, he and little Eri got adopted at the same time by Shota, who saw in the kids the same he saw in Kana: potential to be greater.

That's why now he's running to his sister, even though he was in the middle of a mission. Aizawa probably will kill him for it but he doesn't care.

Kana never sent anything like that before, so she's the priority.

While he was in the lift, the fox sent him her new code to the front door. In a few seconds he got inside, searching for her. Which wasn't too hard to do, he just needed to follow the painful cries...

What an awful scene for his heart to see. Her like this, on the floor, crying nonstop. Clearly the woman hasn't the strength to do anything. So instead of asking anything, he just carried her to the bed and went to get some water. When he certificated that she had drank everything, he grab some moist wipes to clean up her face.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, beside where she was leaning against the headboard, he gently wiped her tears away. The lovely touch calmed Kana a bit, who soon stopped all the crying.

Noticing that she was still holding the pendant on her neck for her dear life, he wondered if it was what he was thinking. But Hitoshi is afraid of asking the wrong question and making her break down again.

"Thank you for coming..." her voice got out as a whisper, due to her sore throat. "I would've called Coco but..."

"It's okay, I'm with you now. But I confess that you almost gave me a heart attack, Nana..." he sighed, petting her messy hair.

"Sorry, Toshi..."

"Shh, forget it. I just want to know how are you feeling now?"

"I feel like I'm dead..."

"Tell me it was Izuku again and I'll order him to kill himself, I swear-"

"I broke up with him just now..." he understands now.