Chapter 85. "Time to Pay the Bills."

Sometimes you pay for what you've done, and sometimes you pay for what you haven't done.

Chuck Palahniack's "Fight Club."

Sean opened his eyes, and looking at his friend or boyfriend, he said.

- Can you imagine, it's like I just saw my dead friend. - He took his hand to his forehead.

- Sean," I called out to him, "you're not imagining it, I'm alive. - I said.

- Aaaaah! - He screamed, Edmund! You're alive! - He was shocked.

- Leave us alone," I turned to the guy, and he walked away, and I sat down across from Sean.

- I know it's a big shock for you to see me alive, but I wasn't dying, Sean.

- But, but, but, what about the ceremony?

- It was all a setup...

- For what? Ed! You're just playing with us? - There was pain and anger in his eyes.

- It had to be, I wanted to know a lot of things, and it wasn't all for nothing...

- What are you talking about? Can you hear yourself?

- Sean! - I tried to calm him down.

- Edmund! - He got up and his tone went up," Did you really come quietly to me like that, after what you did? Is that normal for you? You decided to play a game, didn't you? What did you do, Ed?

- I found out the truth, Sean. I always thought I had the best and most loyal people around me, the ones I could count on and know they'd lend me a hand at any moment, just the way I did toward them, but after I'd done that "test" I realized no one needed me... and it's true what they say, "don't do good and you won't get bad", I did too much good and instead of a simple "thank you", I got a lot of dirt and hypocrisy in my address. So you have no right to tell me how to live my life and what to do! And anyway, I came to say goodbye to you.

- What is it this time? Another game? You haven't had enough of it, have you?

- Joanna is pregnant, Sean and I are about to become a father, I want to devote the rest of my life to my future children and my beloved wife, without friends, lies and duplicity directed at me, I am leaving San Francisco forever and starting my life with a clean slate.

- Then why did you come? - His eyes filled with tears," Why? You only hurt me more, Ed. You stabbed me in the back again! I'd rather know you were dead, Ed, than what you just said to me!

- Sean, stop saying that! You always knew I could never be with you! I don't love you like a man man, understand that! I love Joanna, and she's all I need!

- Go away! Get out of my house! - Shouted he, - and don't ever come back!

- Be happy, Sean! - I said and walked out of his house.

To say I was depressed was nothing to say... I got in my car and drove around town, was I really such a bad person? Or is it just that people around me are bad? Who's going to answer that question for me?

I felt terrible, like I hadn't done anything, but I was already suffering. I'm sorry for what happened to Sean, but, I can't lie to him, why would I do that? If I know I'll never be with him, I simply can't be like him, I don't judge him, just support and respect him, but he has to go on without me, his way and his new life.

Right now all I could think about was Joanna and my baby, no one else bothered me... I thought long and hard about the move and realized that living in Los Angeles would be much better for us and the baby. I wouldn't sell the house, we would come here on vacations and reminisce about all of our pasts...

I stopped on the way to the flower shop and bought a big bouquet of roses and drove to my beloved, today is not an easy day, I want to propose to Joanna for real. I texted her on the way to get ready and we went somewhere.

I booked the whole restaurant at one of the most beautiful places in San Francisco.

***

- Where are we going? - Asked the brown-haired girl.

- Just taking a little walk...

- How was the meeting with Tony?

- Nothing, besides him Stacy and Daniel were there and he came to congratulate him," I grinned, "and then I met Sean and we had a fight too.

- Do you think that's right?

- It's not right to keep rotten people around you, Joanna. I did what I should have done before, just let them all go. If you feel uncomfortable in friendships, lonely, notice the benefits of friends, realize you're just being used, believe me it's better to be alone, loneliness is the best thing a person can have. Unfortunately, I realized it very late, but everything is for the best, I lost my friends, but I found real happiness instead," I pinched her cheek.

- Are you talking about me? - She laughed.

- And who else but you makes me smile?

- That's enough," she wiped away a tear, "I'm going to cry.

- I think you have time to cry today anyway, - I smiled, and we just drove up to the restaurant.

- How beautiful! - She walked up to the veranda and the whole of San Francisco appeared to her as if in the palm of her hand.

From Joanna's face:

I'd never seen anything like it before in all my life.

- Joanna! - Ed called me, and as I turned around, I saw the brunette standing on one knee, holding a red velvet box with a ring inside and a huge bouquet of red roses beside it. Tears streamed down my cheeks...

- I want to start over, without lies and hypocrisy. A clean slate. Will you marry me?

- Of course I will! - I cried, he gave me a ring and we hugged tightly, then he kissed me and said, -I promise you, I'll do everything to always have a happy smile on your face, I want to always see you smiling, happy and cheerful. You are the only one I have, Joanna! And I'm very grateful to fate for bringing us together one day. You are the best thing I have and you are the best gift I have. I will always be there for you, I promise you! - He finished and we kissed passionately. Soon the waiters came and let the fireworks go, we were poured champagne and I couldn't find the words, because right now I really felt real and happy.

- You are my guiding star, Edmund Wright. And I promise you, no matter what happens, I'll always be there for you. - I said, and we kissed again.

"Any man deserves attention and respect. Any man deserves to be happy. Every person deserves to experience those feelings called "Love" at least once in their life.
Any person deserves to live this life the way they want to live it.
Love yourself first, everything starts with us, if we love and appreciate ourselves, then the world around us will respond in the same way."

Hugs to everyone, ara000

From the author:

Hello everyone, my good ones. How was the chapter?

Are we done? 😂 The last chapter, I'm happy honestly for our guys, they really deserved their happiness.

Don't forget, the EPILOG comes out tomorrow, and it's always the most interesting😏

Write your opinion in the comments ❤️❤️❤️