Chapter 63. "Friendship or Love?"

Friendship is the art of distance, while love is the art of intimacy.

Sigmund Graff

On behalf of Edmund:

I have always believed in friendship and if I am asked what I would choose friendship or love I will probably answer that friendship, because love even if it exists, is a very hard and scary feeling that makes you forget about friends and family and everything, there is only you and your love...

I can't forget Joanna and probably never will, she is my ideal and the love of my life, but sometimes life decides that two people who love should not be together...

Of course I'd give anything to hold her again, kiss her and just breathe her scent but unfortunately life plays by its own rules and you're just a pawn in its hands...

I hope that one day we'll meet her, maybe not here, but definitely there in heaven...

Our story has been constructed very differently and I owe it to you to tell the truth...

- Good morning, Edmund Wright," Sean came into my room.

- "Morning," I said and my friend sat down next to me.

- How are you?

- Not so good, as you can see...

- It'll be alright," he took my hand and said.

- No, it's not going to be alright, the worst is just ahead.

- Don't say that, stop always thinking about the bad things. - Sean got angry, when he came and decided to support me I was really happy to see him, we talked to him and he doesn't hold a grudge against me...

- Sean, I just see the truth and tell the facts.

- You can't change Ed, but that's probably why I love you," his friend grinned.

- I love you too, Sean.

- Not interrupting your love confessions," Tony walked into the room.

- "Not at all," Sean replied.

- How are you?

- Not dead yet," I laughed.

- Stop saying that, you'll live and enjoy life. - He ran his hand over my face.

- Did you talk to your father?

- Yes, he's doing well.

- I'm happy for him.

- Sean, can you leave us alone? - Tony asked.

- Sure, I'll be in the hallway. - Said the friend and left.

- How long are you gonna play dumb? - He sat down with me.

- What are you talking about, Tony?

- Talk to your father.

- I can't do that.

- Why not? What did he do to you?

- I don't want to hurt him any more, don't you understand that?

- Ed, Oswald knows everything and has always known why you behave this way?

- I don't want to, I know I'll hear his voice and I can't stand it.

- Edie," he sat down beside me and hugged me, "you are suffering and so is Joanna, why did you do this to her?

- I saved her from torment.