Chapter 2. "The Beginning."

There will come a time when you think it's over. That will be the beginning.

Luis Lamoureux.

This is exactly what has been going through my mind for years, ever since I graduated from university and returned to the way I used to live.

You know, you go into higher education and you promise yourself so much, you say so many things, yet it all comes down to the fact that you stay in the same place you were then when you got in. I don't know about you, but I'm where I've always been...

- Joe, you're lying down again! - Mom came into my room, and that's how every morning I start.

- And is that a bad thing? I'm worried about my nerve cells. - Staring at the ceiling, I uttered.

- God," she exhaled, and walked into my room. - When was the last time you cleaned this place? - Inspecting my room, I confess, this room rarely got a breath of fresh air, since her mistress is a very lazy person...

- You ask too hard questions, my tiny brain can't answer that.

- Johanna! - Her tone has risen,-you are twenty-three years old, and you go on lying on your bed thinking of nothing. You've got your whole life ahead of you, you've got to enjoy it while you're young.

- Mom, are you doing it again? - I took a half sitting position.

- No, I'm just trying to tell you this. That you're wasting your precious minutes. Go out with your friends.

- I don't have any, remember? - I reminded my mother of the incident at the prom, when I was sprayed with paint, it was all the envy of my classmates and friends, as the king of the school chose me for his dance, and in general the whole school loved me, but it is clear that the coin has two sides. After, I went to university and was not going to get acquainted with anyone, there were a couple of girls, but our views quickly dispersed and we stopped communicating, so I wolf loner, I can all day to linger on the Internet and communicate with people behind a screen, I think this communication is real, rather than one that occurs in person. No one knows what you look like, who you are, who your parents are, how you went to school or what you did, you're just loved for what you are. I once even tried to blog on the Internet, but I got bored quickly.

- What about Henry? - My mom got me out of my head.

- Please, not him. - I covered my face with a pillow. Anyway, I tell you, Henry is the guy who's been friends with me since high school, or rather he was, not me. All the time he was walking around and trying to help or comfort me in some way, even managed to get into the same university that I got into.

At times I thought he was just a fucking psycho or a maniac who was stalking me, but then on Valentine's Day he sent me a box of candy and professed his love, I was hurt because I really thought he was a rebound. He was just a regular guy, brown hair and short with brown eyes. He didn't play sports, his hobby was music, he liked to sit somewhere in the park under a tree and play guitar or even to wear earphones all day and write some lyrics in a notebook. There was even a rumor that a famous rapper bought a beat from him for his track, but that's just a rumor. Henry lives near me, but I always avoid him because if he sees me again he'll follow me around like a maniac.

- Joanna, whatever Henry was, he accepted you for who you are. - My mother sat down with me; in part I trusted her and knew she was telling me the truth. She's a smart woman, I knew that, and that's why I always came to her for advice. Of course, I was sometimes ashamed of myself, and I was well aware that my mother did not deserve such a daughter. She was always there for me when I felt bad, from my first unrequited love, to the appearance of a mustache on my face, and even when I got doused with paint, she came to get me and took me home and helped me wash all that nasty stuff off. Envy always surrounded me from my peers, I was always hated by everyone who thought I was arrogant and that I was supposedly born into a rich family. I was always separated and it pissed me off, some stress and depression. But, only my mother was always there, so she always carries the title of my best friend. I couldn't even imagine what I would do without her.

- And what do you suggest I go for a walk with him? - I asked with my head in her lap, and she stroked my hair like she did when I was a kid.

- He definitely likes you," she grinned, she meant that I didn't look like a normal girl at all, I didn't even have a dress in my closet, I always wore clothes that were bigger than me and they were mostly sweatshirts, hoodies, joggers, crop tops, longshirts, hoodies-sweatshirts and stuff like that. I liked my style, but my mom always talked about how a girl should look like a lady, not a kid in a cap. Oh yeah, I've had a love of caps since I was a kid, I stole the first one from my grandfather and then from my dad. - I think you should meet him. - She added.

- And what's in it for me?

- Your favorite blueberry and raspberry pie.

- What? - I got up," I'm gonna ask him out right now. - I started laughing," you touched my heart. - I continued to laugh, because my mother was well aware that I adore this pie.

- You just go to Target today and get some flour and a couple more eggs, and don't forget the baking powder. - She got up and headed for the exit.

- Come on," I slapped my forehead, "that was blackmail, how I didn't realize it at first...

- Jo," she liked to call me, "we have guests coming over tonight, and I'm sure they want to try the blueberry pie with raspberries on it, too. - She smiled.

- Then I'll take your car. - I got out of bed and started packing.

- Just don't kill anyone on the way. - She said from afar.

- I'll do my best. - I muttered to myself under my breath.

I "packed", why in quotes, because I just put on my shoes and left the house. I got in the car and headed for the store. And again this hypermarket "Target", it began to annoy me, because I lived next door to it and in fact I could walk, but I was too lazy to even walk, so I decided to take the car and listen to my favorite band "BTS" on the way, and in general I did this on purpose to show everyone that I could drive, which in fact was not true and even in the parking lot I put the machine, which lined up beautifully car itself.

I quickly ran to the hypermarket, I already knew every shelf there and where each item was and when it ran out and when it would be brought back. I grabbed everything I needed for pie and then my eye fell on the lipstick stand. You'll think I'm stupid, but you're probably right...

It was like my drug, I can say that I just loved putting them on my lips, but their packaging attracted me and begged me to buy them. Actually they were all the same inside plain moisturizers, no color just different smells, but I loved collecting them. I stood around for about twenty minutes trying to remember which lipstick I didn't have, but I was more than sure that when I got home I would see that I had bought the same one.

I went to the register, paid for my groceries, and walked out of the store. And who knew that if it wasn't for that lipstick stand, I probably would have made it and not gotten in so much trouble. It was a day I will remember for a long time, especially the blueberry pie...

From the author:

Hello there, my good people. What did you think of this chapter?

What do you think of our main character? She doesn't seem to be very similar to the previous girls... as you have already understood the next chapter will be that very meeting in the parking lot...

Who did you like more Joanna or Edmund?

Write your opinion in the comments. ❤❤❤