Chapter 73. "Suicide."

They're like those people who think they'll be happy if they move somewhere else, and then it turns out: wherever you go, you take yourself with you.

Neil Gaiman's "Cemetery Story."

I stood up abruptly and everybody looked at me.

- What happened, Dan? - Asked me Oscar, Sean also came over.

- Я... I, I don't know... - I started stammering that I didn't understand myself... - Tony... he...

- What's wrong with Tony? - Oswald came up to me and then everyone else...

- He had hanged himself... - I answered, to which everyone started shouting... I immediately ran to my car and drove to the address I was given, with me came Sean and Oscar, Joanna and the others in the other car...

- I don't understand, are you serious right now?  - Oscar shouted in my ear.

- Do I look like the kind of person who jokes about these things?

- Tony, Tony, how could you... - He's got his head in his hands.

- And I told you he's crazy and he can do anything to himself... - Sean added.

- We don't care, we've got to help him, I don't think he just took his own life... - I responded and gave the gas...

When we arrived at the right address, we went out with the guys and went into the house. We were met by the same guy who had called me. His name was Alex, a typical brown-haired, medium height...

- Where is he? - In a raised tone, I asked the guy.

- In the room, - Alex answered calmly.

- I don't understand, you said he hanged himself! - I got angry.

- Yeah, because I thought he did, he's been in that room for almost a week and hasn't come out, what was I supposed to think, plus he hasn't paid his rent.

- Where's his room?

- Straight ahead and to the left... - The guy answered and me and the guys went. I started pulling the doorknob, but it wouldn't open...

- Anthony, open the door! Hurry up! - I shouted at him, but there was silence.

- Wouldn't it be better to kick it out? - Oskar suggested and the three of us kicked the door open, when we entered the room we saw Tony lying on the floor, drugs and alcohol were lying around.

- Who are you? - He looked at us with one eye, am I dead yet? Have you come to get me?

- Tony, you're such an idiot! - I slapped my hand across my face.

- Are you aliens? Have you come to get me?

- He needs to go to the hospital... - Said Oscar.

- Let's take him then, shall we? - Sean tried to take him.

- Leave it, we'll get him ourselves, you better go and pay this guy," I took out my wallet and handed it to Sean, Oskar and I took Tony and carried him to the exit...

- I know I'm going to hell, I guess I deserve it... - he muttered," what do you think, boy? - And you," he turned to Oscar, "are you a spider? You have eight eyes! - He looked at him, - I don't like spiders...

- What a jerk you are, Tony! - Said Oscar to him.

- A spider can talk ... and you knew that I have the power, I can kill you!

- You already killed yourself, you idiot piece of shit. - We got him in the car, and then Oswald and everybody came up.

- What's wrong with him? - Asked Oswald.