Chapter 64. "Plan B."

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Woody Allen

On behalf of Tony:

It had been about five days, a couple of days until Edie's birthday and of course we were very prepared for it, my brother's condition was not the best, but we tried, no matter what, to be there for him and help him and of course support him...

A few days earlier...

As soon as my uncle called me and told me about Johanna's condition, it really hit me and I realized that it was time for a plan "B", which I was keeping in case of emergency, I dialed the number of my old friend and also Edmund's ex, namely Viviana, I am sure you have already met her ...

Though Viviane and I have nothing in common, but that didn't stop me from dialing her.

- Hello, really, do not tell me that it snowed in the desert? - I heard a girl's voice with an Italian accent.

- And you want it so much? - I smirked.

- Anthony, my love, how many years, how many winters? Where have you gone?

- I'm already your love? It's a bit sudden...

- You always have been. - She answered briefly.

- Okay, baby, tell me, how are you? - I asked the girl.

- Same old, I'm lonely and unhappy. - Sadly she said.

- In particular, you're just not satisfied ... - I smirked.

- My body wants only you.

- You lie beautifully sweetheart," I laughed, because I knew Vivi's relationship to me.

- Forget it, why are you calling? I know you'll never just dial my number.

- You're right, as always sweetheart.

- Spit it out. I'm curious.

- I need your help, V. You're the only one who can help me.

- Tell me soon.

- You knew Ed got married, didn't you?

- Yes, and it wasn't the best news for me.

- I know, but you're the only one who can help me. - I did it again.

- Come on, tell me what you want.

- Johanna is in Silicia with Oswald. You know the situation with Edie, he couldn't confess to her and now the two of them are shattered, I can't bear to see my brother die and I think that only Joe's return can bring him back and as you are in Naples, I decided that they should meet there, Ed's birthday is coming up and I want you to help us.

- You want me to set up a meeting? Seriously?

- V, you're the only one who can help me.

- What's in it for me, Anthony Wright... - she said slyly.

- Anything you want, sweetie.

- All right, you talked me into it, but let's go by my rules, okay?

- Whatever you say, I trust you completely.

- It's a deal, baby, and I'll see you later.

- Can't wait... - ...I said and dropped the call, it all happened exactly as I planned...

You know, sometimes fate plays through other people, when she gets lazy and can't connect those she would really like, she takes in her subordinates and one of them turned out to be me...