Chapter 33. "You are mine."

You're the best thing I ever had... But you know what the problem is? That the worst thing is also you.

LOL [laughter].

On behalf of Edmund:

I woke up before Joanna, after doing all my water procedures, I went down to the kitchen, figuring I could treat my wife to something today.

I started to make some eggs and bacon when I got the call, it was Tony

- Good morning," he said with a laugh.

- What's your fun in? - Putting the pan on the stove, I asked.

- How was your wedding night?

- It wasn't. - I answered briefly.

- What do you mean, nothing? Nothing happened?

- Since when do I have to tell you what's going on between me and my wife?

- I'm your brother Edie.

- И? Does that give you the right to poke around in our personal business?

- Okay, okay, don't start... that's not why I'm calling in the first place.

- Spit it out!

- About your departure, I'm all set to leave tomorrow, and Señor Lombardi is waiting for you. He wants to sign a contract with you to bring his case from Naples, Italy, to the States.

- What for?

- The man wants to expand, what's not to understand.

- But you could have asked someone else.

- Senor Lombardi has known our family for a long time, and believe me, being on the same team with us is the best thing that could happen...

- I wanted to spend this time with my wife, not go back to work.

- Come on, you'll spend your honeymoon with your wife in the beautiful Bay of Naples, it's so beautiful...

- I wanted to get away from work.

- Just one meeting, stop it.

- Okay, but you're my replacement in the office, okay?

- No problem.

- Thanks, can I call you later?

- If you're gonna make love to your wife, just say so, and I won't even take a second of your time. - He smiled and hung up.

- You idiot! - I said, and a sleepy voice came from behind me.

- Who's an idiot? - Joanna asked, and I turned around to see she was wearing my shirt.

- It looks good on you. - I remarked and cracked two eggs into the pan.

- Since when do you cook?

- Since I married you," I answered.

- So who were you talking to?

- Tony, we're leaving tomorrow.

- What's that?

- Honeymoon, have you ever heard of it?

- But I'm not even ready!

- I'll call a guy I know and he'll send you lots of clothes.

- That's crazy.

- Joanna, it's time to get used to your husband's schedule. - I replied and sliced the bacon and sent it to the frying pan. The girl just snorted and left.