Chapter 34. "Stranger."

Strangers, they are mysterious and desirable, but at the same time they reek of danger...

ara000

- My son, it is good to see you. - Edmund's father came up to him and hugged him.

- Hi, why didn't you warn him?

- Calm down, do I always have to warn you?

- No, I just wanted to meet you nicely. - Edmund answered and they walked together to the kitchen where Joanna had already laid the table.

- Hello, little birdie. - Ed walked up to his wife and kissed her gently on the cheek.

- Hi," she said quietly and continued to set the table.

- What are you up to? - Dad asked.

- Tomorrow we are going to Naples.

- What for?

- Señor Lamberdi wants to meet, and plus I would like to spend time with my wife and take her to the sea.

- You're a good husband, Edmund. - Oswald remarked and took a sip of hot tea.

- I take the best from you. - My son winked and he got a phone call. - I'll be right with you," Ed said and excused himself.

On Joanna's behalf:

Not again... - ran through my mind, why did Ed leave me with this pervert?

- Joanna," he took my hand as I put the sugar on the table, "are you afraid of me?

- Let go of me!

- Calm down, if you don't behave, I'll make a scandal.

- What do you want?

- Nothing much," he said, and pinched my breast, and again so that Edmund didn't notice when he walked back into the kitchen.

- It was about the flight tomorrow that called. - He sat back down in his seat.

- I'm glad you're doing well. Don't get lost, be sure to write me when you get there.

- I will, Father.

***

Oswald left and Edmund and I were alone.

- "I'm going to take a shower," he said, kissing my neck.

- Have a nice bath," I said, and started to gather my things.

- Joanna," he came up to me and took me by the chin, "stop acting like this, I'm already trying to hold myself back, please act normal and respectful to me.

- How can I behave normally when my own father sold me out? Can you think about those words or not? - I turned to shouting," Do you think I should be happy?

- Calm down, in time you'll realize that your father did the right thing.

- No! No! And no! I don't love you, Edmund! - I screamed, and then I saw the anger in his eyes, and then I regretted what I'd said, and he grabbed me by the throat and pressed me against the wall.

- Listen to me once and for all, do not raise your voice at me, I can kill you in one move, honey. - And about your love to me, do not think that I took you as my wife just because I liked you, such as you are not my type, I love other women, I took you only because my father asked me for a deal and in a month we will part like ships at sea. Did you hear me?

- Yes," I said.

- From now on, as long as you are my wife you will do everything I tell you and if you don't listen to me, I will punish you severely. - He finished and let me go and went into the bathroom, and I just rolled down the wall and started crying. Only now I realized what a mistake I'd made with my life...

***

Italy. Naples.

Edmund and I hardly spoke at all, exchanging little phrases at most. After last night, I didn't want to see the man at all. We flew to Italy, from there we were put on a yacht and sailed to Naples, there was a country place which was equipped with guards, only high society people like Edmund Wright were allowed in. Everybody knew him, shook his hand and saluted him, I was basically just his accessory, you know, like a keychain hanging from my purse, so I was the same.

He held my hand and never let me go. I was wearing a light blue short dress, and the weather was fine. Edmund was wearing a dark maroon polo shirt and pants that were made of linen fabric, and he was wearing sunglasses. He looked very confident and dangerous. I realized now that he probably should have killed or used me a long time ago, and he was probably right that I was not his type.

- Good afternoon, Mr. Wright, what can I get you? - The waitress came up to us, quite pretty and very vulgarly dressed, I mean her skirt, which opened the view of all her "charms".

- Honey, bring me an iced tea and a salad. And what will you have? - He asked me.

- That's what my husband did. - I said, and leaned against the back of the couch. The girl glared at me and walked away, but Edmund smirked but chose not to say anything.

Yeah, it's called female solidarity, I was just letting her know who I was and who she was. I was really uncomfortable, though I understood that Edmund didn't love me and our marriage would only last a month, but that didn't stop me from showing my claws.

They brought us our order and I began to eat the salad, of course I regretted it a hundred times because it was with seafood.

- What a bad taste you have. - I picked at my plate with a fork.

- You just don't understand this subtle taste. - After eating a little octopus, he said.

- And what are we going to do here?

- I have a meeting with Señor Lamberti and we can go out afterwards.

- Do I have to go with you?

- Yes!" he answered briefly. That was the end of our conversation, we ate, or rather Ed ate my portion too, and we left. We met at Mr. Lamberdi's house, which was right by the hillside and had a perfect view of the Bay of Naples.

- Mamma mia! - A middle-aged man began to greet us," Ciao! My favorite Edi! - He hugged him, - how long has it been since we've seen each other?

- Señor Lambredi, it's been about five years, and you haven't even changed.

- It's all the snails. - He winked, and his eyes fell on me.

- Will you introduce me?

- This is my wife Joanna. - Edmund said, and the gentleman's jaw almost dropped.

- She's divine," he walked up to me and hugged me tightly, and I didn't like it, but I had to pretend to be glad to see him.

- And what a beautiful name," he kissed my hands, "I am pleased to meet you, beautiful madam.

- Likewise. - I was embarrassed, and we went into his house.

- I can give you the whole floor. So you can enjoy each other. - He said slyly, and I felt uncomfortable.

- I think Joanna would be interested in spending the night on my boat. - Edmund added.

- Yes, yes," he continued without taking his eyes off me, "but my house is always at your service. - He smiled.

After he and Edmund began to discuss their deal, I got very bored and I went away, under the guise that I want to go to the bathroom, and I decided to go to the house and make myself a mini tour, because the house from the side looked very large and beautiful. As if it was made to suit the taste of the kings of the time. Inside everything was in marble, big expensive statuettes in the form of tigers and lions. It was very beautiful inside, I went up to the second floor.

- Who are you? - A woman's voice sounded behind me, I turned around and met a young girl.

From the author:

Hello everyone, my good people. How was the chapter? What do you think of Edmund and Joanna's relationship?

And who is this stranger?

Hurry up and write your opinion in the comments. ❤❤❤