28: Start things over

"Taehyung, I know that you don't want to talk to me but this is important," Changho said and slid the tablet in front of him. Taehyung was sitting in Changho's office.

"I got to know that you were not behind the accident of my mother that is why I came. I still haven't forgiven you for ruining my career and locking Y/n up here." He said before holding the tablet and playing the video.

He watched it and his eyes widen at the evidence. "So? Chanyeol planned everything with the principal to present my assignment as his. It was neither yours nor Jimin's fault?"

"My brother was the one who sent men to harm your family. It was not my doing. Your father's tech company is their rival so they want to use your family to bring the company down. You were always fascinated with investments and stocks like Jimin. That is why you didn't want to join your father's company. I supported you and still support you." Changho said. 

"Why didn't you clarify this to me earlier?" Taehyung asked and Changho looked at him.

"Would you have believed me without any evidence?" He asked and Taehyung looked down.

"Then why did you lock Y/n up all these years?" Taehyung asked and Changho sighed. "If Jinhua is ready to kill your family over just a simple business rivalry. What would happen if he finds out about Y/n's powers?"

"I think he got to know about it because of me," Taehyung said and Changho shook his head. "He got to know about it long back. It is not because of you. That is why she was restricted to stay within the chambers because I don't trust anyone in my company either."

"So you were just protecting her all these years?" He asked and Changho nodded. "And now I need your help," Changho said and Taehyung frowned at him.

"How can I help you?" Taehyung asked and Changho gestured toward the tablet. "Watch the next video," He said.

Taehyung swiped to watch the following video where Jinhua could be seen ordering his men to kill Jisoo and his mother. Taehyung tightened the grip on the tablet and looked at Changho.

"I want you to use this as evidence to prove Jinhua guilty. If he is out there, I will have to lock up my daughter in the chambers forever and your family will constantly be in danger." Changho said.

"Your daughter?" Taehyung asked and Changho's eyes soften. He slowly nodded his head and looked down at his table.

"I had done a DNA test on Y/n and yesterday the results showed that I was her father," Changho admitted and Taehyung gasped.

"Then how did she get her powers? I heard that even her mother possesses it." Taehyung said. "It is still a mystery and I guess we won't ever know how it happened."

"Why didn't you show me the other video earlier? Jimin and I would have still been friends. I would never have accused you." Taehyung said.

"I just wasn't aware of anything about that earlier. When you came to us a few days ago accusing me again, I got a clear idea of the misunderstanding and looked into it. As a result, found this evidence."

"So Jimin and Y/n know about this?" Taehyung asked and Changho shook his head. "They don't. I have behaved badly with everyone. I messed it all up. I have forced my love on her mother, treated my own daughter badly, and pressurize my son a lot. I don't know why I did that."

"Do you regret it?" Taehyung asked and he nodded. "Do you think I can start things over with everything and keep things in place, Taehyung?"

"With your loved ones by your side, of course, you can," Taehyung said with a smile. "I hope, I can."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Who are you? Why did you call for me?" Y/n asked looking at Chanyeol in annoyance. "I just wanted to meet you. Wow, you look like a celebrity with all the guards around. Can we have a talk in private? I will just take you to sit there." Chanyeol said pointing at the table in the restaurant of Shinhan.

Y/n looked at the guards and they bowed before leaving them two. "Madam, we are standing here and keeping a watch on you." She nodded at their words and followed Chanyeol to the table.

"So you are not locked up anymore?" Chanyeol asked and she glared at him. "Who are you?" She asked again and Chanyeol raised his hands, frisking them at her words.

"Chill, I am Jimin's cousin and a good friend of Taehyung." He said and Y/n scoffed at him. "And why would I believe you?"

"Because we are close enough to share that you have magical powers," Chanyeol said and her eyes widened.

She composed herself and nodded. "Oh. So why did you call for me here?"

Chanyeol simply extended his hand in front of her. "I was just curious. So I want to see it myself." He said nudging his hand in front of her face. She sighed and held his hand before closing her eyes.

She gasped when she felt her body getting weak. She felt as if something was enveloping her body and stopping her from breathing.

A black-light was engulfing the blue light she usually sees while seeing someone's future. She started breathing heavily while Chanyeol tilted his head in confusion.

"Wh-What happened? Hey, witch. Are you alright?" He asked in concern and she gasped before pulling her hand back. She opened her eyes and was breathing heavily. "Nothing. I just want to leave."

"Okay then. Bye-bye." Chanyeol said with a questioning gaze and she stood up before walking away from him. She walked over to the elevator with the guards and entered it, noticing a lady beside her.

The girl seemed close to her age but she was dressed elegantly and luxury brands were seen in her hands. "It's so pretty," Y/n mumbled while looking at the pink bracelet.

The lady smiled at her and looked at her with excitement in her eyes. "It is pretty, right? I knew it. My mother said that it was a waste of money but I knew that it was pretty."

"It suits you well," Y/n said with a smile and the lady smiled back. "Thank you. I am Lee Hyeri. Nice to meet you. Which room are you staying in? We could hang out since our taste match," she said.

"I am Y/n. I live here." 
"You live here? With Jimin?"
"Oh? You know Jimin?"
"Yes, he is my..." 

Hyeri got cut off when the elevator door opened and they saw Jimin standing there. Jimin looked at Hyeri in shock and then at Y/n. But the two girls were smiling at Jimin. "Hey, Jimin!"

"Hyeri, what are you doing here?" Jimin asked as they got off the elevator. The guards went away leaving them three. "I just wanted to visit you."

"You should have said me earlier!" Jimin said, slightly raising his voice. "Hey, Jimin! Stop being angry at her. She is just here to pay you a surprise visit. You should be happy." Y/n said to Jimin who sighed and rubbed his face in frustration.

"I heard from the guards that Chanyeol was here. Why did you go to him without asking me, precious?" Jimin asked and she scoffed. "I took the guards with me. You said I am not locked up anymore."

"But still, you should have said to me," Jimin said while Hyeri looked at them. "Y/n?" A new deep voice called out and turned to see the person and Y/n's eyes widened.

"Taehyung? What are you doing here?"