22: I don't want her

Jimin closed the file and kept it back on the desk when suddenly his phone started ringing. He answered it.

"Yes? What? Hotel entrance? Okay. I am coming." He said through the phone and got up from his seat and rushed to the door. He took the elevator and headed to the ground floor.

The doors opened and he got down and rushed to the entrance to see the security manhandling Taehyung from entering the hotel. "Let go of him." Jimin demanded.

The security obeyed Jimin and Taehyung looked at him furiously. "Get back to work," Jimin ordered the security and they left the place leaving Taehyung and Jimin by themselves.

Taehyung scoffed and looked at him darkly before approaching him. Jimin didn't step back and maintained a strong gaze on Taehyung.

"Hey, Park Jimin. You know everything too, didn't you?" Taehyung asked him in rage. "You know everything that your dad did, right?" Taehyung raised his voice at him. Jimin looked at him in confusion.

"I don't understand what you are talking about right now-" Jimin was cut off as Taehyung harshly gripped his suit and shook his body. Jimin glared at him but didn't fight back without knowing why was he so mad at him. 

"You locked someone up and tried to abduct her when she escaped. You tried to kill people to avoid being found and planned to threaten her by it to bring her back. Is Shinhan group a den for criminals?" Taehyung yelled in his face and Jimin looked away but tried to process the things he was saying.

"Taehyung," someone called his name and Taehyung turned to look at Mr. Wang approaching them calmly.

Jimin was still questioning what he heard but chose to remain silent for now. Taehyung saw Changho approaching them as well so he left Jimin's suit and nudged his shoulder harshly before walking up to Changho.

Changho furrowed his brows but then curved his lips up but Taehyung was glaring at him.

Changho began, "You-"
"Yes, I am Kim Taehyung. I am still alive." Taehyung said and Jimin turned to look back at them.

"That's a relief. But why won't you be alive-" 
"You were the one who caused my mom's accident, weren't you?" Taehyung cut him off and Changho's smile faded.

Jimin narrowed his eyes when he heard those words and he looked at his father who looked at Taehyung with a straight face.

"It's really you, right?" Taehyung asked when Changho didn't give an answer and Jimin gasped internally. Taehyung let out a dark chuckle and shook his head.

"No, it can't be. The friend's father who recognized me and sponsored me and even gave me an opportunity to work at their office. I regarded him as my father too. He would never do that to me." Taehyung said with a bitter smile.

Jimin looked at his father in disgust but Changho swallowed the dried lump in his throat.

"But did you really do it? Was it because of Y/n?" He growled at Changho. "You call yourself a human?" He screamed when Mr. Wang stopped him, looking everywhere around the huge hotel lobby.

Taehyung turned to him and pointed his finger at both of them. "I will tell the whole world what you have done. I'll make sure that you get punished." Taehyung said before turning back and storming away while glaring at Jimin on his way out.

Jimin took a deep breath and followed Taehyung out of the hotel. He called him by his name and Taehyung turned to look at him blankly. He slowly approached him.

"Y/n is my woman." Jimin said to him with a serious face.

Taehyung knitted his brows and gave him a questioning gaze. "What?" 
"She was already my woman even before she met you," Jimin replied.

"You locked her up and claimed her as your woman," Taehyung said with a straight face.
"I am protecting her."
"Park Jimin, you are disgusting," Taehyung remarked before turning around but Jimin stopped him by holding his arm. 

Taehyung yanked it away but Jimin spoke. "Taehyung, if the world finds the secret about Y/n, people will be curious and will want to see her. And those who can't get her will try to get rid of her. Will you be fine with these?" Jimin said with tears in his eyes, showing genuine concern for Y/n.

Taehyung looked into his eyes silently but then turned around to leave the place without replying to him.

Jimin went back to his father and looked at him seriously. "Did you really try to kill his mother? I want you to be honest."
"No, I didn't."

"Then why didn't you explain anything to him? Why did you let Taehyung misunderstand you?" Jimin questioned, on the verge of breaking down.

"Is that so important?" Changho asked and Jimin raised his voice. "Then what else is important, dad?" Changho silently walked away from him, ignoring his question.

"Dad! Dad!" Jimin screamed but he didn't stop. "Dad!" Jimin cried out. Still, Changho didn't stop walking away from him. "Dad!"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Taehyung entered the apartment and Y/n sat up from the couch. "Why did I meet you?" Taehyung asked without looking at her. "Taehyung-"

"They are after my family because of you," Taehyung said in a cracked voice, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. "I am sorry, Taehyung." Y/n said while crying and Taehyung chuckled bitterly.

"It's not your fault. I was the one who came to you. It is all because of me." Taehyung said and started walking to the bedroom when Y/n ran to him and wrapped her hands around his waist and pressed her body on his back. "Don't go, Taehyung. Please."

Taehyung looked down at her hands tightly locked to stop him but then his eyes fell upon the ring he gave her. He shut his eyes, ignoring the pain in his heart, and yanked her hands away.

He walked inside the bedroom and slammed the door on her face, locking it from inside.

Y/n collapsed to the floor and started sobbing, burying her face in her hands. Taehyung sat on the bed and started sobbing as well. 

"Why is my heart aching so much to watch her go? Isn't that what I want? Why am I getting so attached to her? What is this feeling? Why am I unable to  give up on her?" He mumbled to himself.

He looked at the ring on his finger and cried even more. He shook his head trying to make him feel that he should let her go.

She should leave his company and return to Shinhan. With a heavy heart and unsure feeling in the pit of his stomach, he said.

"She should return to Shinhan. I don't want her."