27: Your daughter

Ara slowly blinked, feeling nauseous for a few days. She covered her mouth trying to not puke in the car while the bodyguards stared at her. "Madam, are you feeling sick?"

"Just let me go," she said and they sighed. "We are all following orders, madam. I am afraid that we cannot let you go until sir says us."

Ara slowly looked outside the window, her hands still trying to open the locked car door. "I don't want to go back there. He will lock me up." She mumbled, feeling nauseous.

She closed her eyes to get rid of the sick feeling in her stomach. "Where is the bodyguard who helped me?" She asked and the guard looked back at her. "Sir ordered us to kill him. So he is dead."

Ara exhaled heavily and shook her head. "I didn't even get to ask his name or thank him for helping me escape." She said and slowly opened her eyes which widened to see the huge truck speedily approaching the side of her car.

Everything after that was a blur.

Ara blinked several times, blood dripping down her head. She could feel her bones broken. She slowly breathed out only to find herself inside the car turned upside down.

She was losing her breath. She was dying until she felt something warm touch her head.

A hand.
Someone's hand.

Then she felt her pains were reducing, little by little. She was feeling better but she couldn't open her eyes. "Take care, both of you." The last thing Ara heard before fainting in the car turned over.

Changho was standing in front of Y/n and was looking at her intensely. "Why did you come back?" He asked her. "Because of my mother," she said, and Changho glared at her.

"It would have been better if you didn't. You have so many misfortunes sucked up inside of you now. You have become dangerous. Your hair color is the mere proof of it. Everyone else must be stupid enough to think that it is hair dye but I know that it isn't that. Your blue hair is becoming black by itself."

Y/n looked up at him and scoffed. "I still won't go, Mr. Park. I remember you trying to kill me by drowning me because I was weak. But I am not weak anymore. I will protect what I love," she said before walking out of the room.

Changho sighed and rubbed his forehead and Ara approached him. "I don't want her near both of us. Near my son. Near you." Changho said desperately while looking at Ara. "Why do you hate her so much?" Ara asked him but he shook his head.

"Who said I hate her? I want to protect Y/n as well as all of us. What you heard about the whole drowning incident, she has it all wrong. The servant who was taking care of her at that time was sent to us by my brother. Jinhua knew that there was a magical kid locked up within the chambers so because he couldn't get his hands on it, he sent her to kill Y/n. I was the one who saved her that time. It might be her traumatic memories and the way I always treat her coldly, that she recalls me as the monster who tried to drown her. I can never do that with her."

He explained and buried his face in his hands, trying to control his sobs. Ara slowly walked to him and placed her hand on his back.

"Do you still think that you are not her father?" She asked him and he looked at her with a questioning gaze.

"Do you still think that I slept with the vampire bodyguard and had her? No, Changho. She is your daughter." She said.

Tears rolled down his cheeks and he stared at her. "You are lying. Both of us are humans. If she is my daughter then how come she is a vampire?"

"I don't know that as yet. Remember the night when I tried to escape with the bodyguard? Y/n was already in my womb by then. The doctor said that to me later, judging by the symptoms of the baby. After that, I faced an accident and when I woke up, I realized that I possessed powers. Maybe something happened during that time. I don't remember."

Changho looked at her in surprise. "So Y/n is my child? Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" He asked and she shook her head.

"Everything was blurry to me as well. But recently I have been getting weird dreams. Those are like flashbacks of what had happened to me."

Changho looked at her blankly before getting up. He looked back at her and smiled warmly.

"I will do a DNA test of Y/n without her knowing. And if she is really my daughter then I will make sure to protect her like I always have."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Stop lying, mom!" Seulgi said and Mrs. Kim glared at her. "What had happened to me? I just got into an accident. Was it so bad?" She asked but Taehyung shook his head.

"You had a blow on your head. But then dad's enemy injected Brulamcin toxin in your blood." Taehyung explained and his mother looked at him in surprise.

"And I survived? How much of the power did Y/n use to bring me back from death?" Mrs. Kim asked in astonishment.

"She did what? How do you know?" Namjoon asked her but she looked at Taehyung. "When I woke up, I saw her nose bleeding and her being collapsed to the ground. She wasn't fine, Taehyung. She is overusing her powers. She'll die this way."

"M-Mom, her ha-hair is also turning black. That means..." Taehyung said shakily and looked at the flower in his hand.

"What are you looking at?" Mr. Kim asked Taehyung. He frowned at his question.

"This orchid," Taehyung said holding the flower in front of Mr. Kim's eyes. "What orchid? I just see your hand!" Namjoon said and Taehyung scoffed at him.

"This blue flower that is slowly turning black! Can't you see?" Taehyung said waving the flower but all of them shook their heads.

"Taehyung, they can't see that." Mrs. Kim said and Taehyung turned to her. "You can, mom?"

She nodded her head. "How?"

"This happened earlier as well. 20 years ago, a lady was admitted to our hospital and you playfully went inside her hospital room. You saw a blue light and said the blue light told you that inside the womb there was your mate." Mrs. Kim said and gasped while covering her mouth recalling something.

She looked at Taehyung with big eyes before saying. "She was with Park Changho. I remember her. That lady was brought in by Park Changho. Everyone in the accident died but she didn't even have a single scratch!"

"Wait, mom! So that lady was who?"
"Y/n's mother? Probably?"

"Stop! This is so confusing!" Namjoon said while ruffling his hair. Taehyung sighed before staring at his mother. "But she returned to the hotel, mom. It is all because of me." Taehyung said and his mom patted his back.

"Has she said that she doesn't love you anymore?" She asked but Taehyung shook his head, tears rolling down his face. "Then don't give up on her." She said and Taehyung nodded.

"But she doesn't want to come back with me. She chose Jimin over me," Taehyung said Mrs. Kim frowned at his words.

"Are you sure she chose him over you?" She asked but he shook his head. 

"Do you love her?" She asked him and he nodded, silently sobbing to himself. "I do. A lot." Mrs. Kim cupped his cheeks and wiped his tears before saying,

"Then just go and bring her back."