10: We can Kiss

"You got pregnant with that vampire bodyguard?" Changho screamed at Ara. "I don't remember anything."

"Did he rape you?" Changho yelled and Ara stepped back holding her baby bump. "I don't remember! You hide me here anyway. Why are you so obsessed with me? Why can't you just let me go? Why did you bring me back here?"

"Because I can't lose you to anyone and now that you possess some weird prediction shit. I'm not letting you go ever!" Changho screamed at Ara's face.

"Let me go! Please!" Ara cried hard but Changho looked at her blankly. "I don't know where you went to for bringing back those powers with you. But now that you have those powers with you. I'm never letting you go."

---------

"What is your daughter planning now?" Changho asked to Ara. "Why are you after her? Why can't you let her go?"

"The more she is out there. The more misfortune she will bring with her. The more people she touches the more bad luck will enter her body. The more dangerous she will become." Changho said.

"You have already destroyed my life, Changho. Please don't destroy hers. Let her be with whoever she is outside. Let's not bring her back." Ara said. Changho sighed and walked over to her.

"You're right. I shouldn't bring her back. She'll be a bad luck to my son now that she sucked up the negativity outside." Changho said and looked at her. "But how did both of you get that power? Is it related to the vampire bodyguard with whom you escaped?"

Ara turned around and looked away from him. "I don't want to speak about that. You won't believe me anyway." Changho scoffed before walking out of the chamber while murmuring.

"Whatever these powers are. It's still a mystery. A Mystery no one will ever be able to solve."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Oh yeah, there's Taehyung," Jisoo said. Y/n looked where she was pointing, just in time to see Jungkook get back behind the wheel and Taehyung jogging around the car.

"What is he—" was all Y/n managed to say, before he came to a stop, put his hands on the back of the car in
neutral, and started pushing it.

His shoulders and biceps strained his Henley shirt. The firm muscles of his upper back visibly shifted and tensed under the black fabric as he bent forward and rolled several tons of car across . . . quite a bit of a distance and into the closest empty parking space.

Oh.

There was some applause and whistling from bystanders, well the Kim family and their guards, when the car was out of the way, and Taehyung's dad clapped Taehyung on the shoulder as the line of cars started driving out of the lot.

"Fucking finally," Y/n heard Namjoon say from behind her, and she stood there, blinking, a little shocked.

Had she hallucinated it? Had Taehyung really just pushed a giant car all by himself? Was he an alien from planet Krypton who moonlighted as a superhero?

"Y/n, go give him a kiss." Y/n whirled around, abruptly reminded of Jisoo's existence. "What?" No. No way! "I'm good."

"Y/n, why don't you want to go kiss your boyfriend?" Ugh. "I . . . It's not that I just—"

"Dude, he just moved a car. By himself. On uphill ground. He deserves a damn kiss." Jisoo shoved Y/n and made a shooing motion.

Y/n clenched her teeth and headed in Taehyung's direction, wishing she had gone ahead and drawn twenty chickens all over Jisoo face.

Maybe Jisoo did suspect that Y/n was faking her relationship with Taehyung. Or maybe she just got a kick out of pressuring her into PDA'ing, that ingrate.

Y/n halted abruptly. Taehyung's head was bent forward, black hair covering his forehead as he wiped the sweat from his eyes with the hem of his shirt. It left a broad strip of flesh visible on his torso, and— it was nothing indecent, really, nothing unusual, just some fit guy's midriff, but for some reason Y/n couldn't help staring at Kim Taehyung's uncovered skin like it was a slab of Italian
marble, and—

"Y/n?" he said, and she immediately averted her eyes.

Crap, he'd totally caught her staring. First she had forced him to cook for her, and now she was ogling him like some perv in the Billionaire's parking lot and—

"Do you need anything?"
"No, I . . ." She felt her cheeks go crimson. His skin, too, was flushed from the effort of pushing, and his eyes were bright and clear, and he seemed . . . well, at least he didn't seem unhappy to see her.

"Jisoo sent me to give you a kiss." He froze halfway through wiping his hands on his shirt. And then he said "Ahh . . . " in his usual neutral, unreadable tone.

"Because you moved the car. I—I know how ridiculous that sounds. I know. But I didn't want her to get suspicious, and there are your family members here, too, so maybe it will be two birds with one stone and I can leave if you—"

"It's okay, sweetheart. Breathe."
Right. Yes. Good suggestion. Y/n did breathe, and the act made her realize that she hadn't done that in a while, which in turn made her smile up at Taehyung—who did his mouth-twitch thing back at her.

She was really starting to get used to him. To his expressions, his size, his distinctive way of being in the
same space as her.

"Jisoo is staring at us," he said, looking over Y/n's head. Y/n sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "I just bet she is," she mumbled.

Taehyung wiped sweat from his forehead with the back of his
hand. Y/n squirmed. "So . . . Should we hug or something?"
"Oh." Taehyung looked at his hands and down at himself.

"I don't think you want to do that. I'm pretty gross." Before she could stop herself Y/n studied him from head
to toe, taking in his large body, his broad shoulders, the way his hair was curling around his ears.

He didn't look gross. Not even to Y/n, who was usually not a fan of dudes built like they spent a double-digit percentage of their time at the gym.

He looked . . .Not gross.

Still, maybe it was better if they didn't hug. Y/n might end up doing something egregiously stupid. She should just say goodbye to the others and leave - yes, that was the thing to do. Except that something absolutely insane came out of her mouth.

"Should we just kiss, then?" she heard herself blurt out. And then she instantly wished a stray meteorite would hit the exact spot where she was standing, because—had she just
asked Kim Taehyung for a kiss? Was that what she'd done? Was she a lunatic all of a sudden?

"I mean, not like a kiss kiss," she hastened to add. "But like the movie one earlier? You know." He didn't seem to know. Which made sense, because the movie kiss had definitely been a kiss kiss.

Y/n tried not to think about it too much, but it flashed in her mind every once in a while, mostly when she was doing something important that required her utmost concentration, like implanting building blocks inside library of the secret chamber or trying to decide what to order Jin for her dinner.

Occasionally it would pop up during a
quiet moment, like when she was in bed and about to fall asleep, and she would feel a mixture of embarrassment and incredulity and something else. Something that she had no intention of examining too closely, not now and not ever.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded, even though she wasn't sure at all. "Is Jisoo still staring at us?" His eyes flicked up.

"Yes. She's not even pretending not to. I- why does she care so much?" He looked perplexed.

"Anyway, no need to kiss. You're right that it would probably be a bit weird."
"No. No, I didn't mean that . . ." There was a droplet of sweat running down his temple, and he wiped his face again, this time with the sleeve of his shirt before saying.

"We can kiss."