8: Stop harassing my girlfriend

"Ara!" Changho screamed to the woman who was escaping with his bodyguard. "Come back here!" Changho screamed when Ara and the bodyguard ran deep into the forest.

"I love you!" Changho screamed while crying when suddenly someone gasped from behind. He turned to see Jimin's mother looking at him with big eyes. "You love her? She's the one you have been in love with for many years? The one you have been hiding from me in the secret chambers?"

"Misoo, no-" Changho said when Jimin's mother ran away from there into the mansion. Changho cried hard and crouched down. "Everything is falling apart!"

"Why are you crying, mommy?" 5 years old Jimin asked his mother innocently. "Nothing, baby. It is just that your dad married me because of my wealth and power. Just so he can build a company. He doesn't love me."

"Dad doesn't love you, mommy?" Jimin asked and his mother shook her head while crying. Jimin hugged her mother tightly. "Don't worry mommy. Jimin loves you."

"We indeed made Dr. Kang join us because of her ability," Changho said. "It's true that we met Dr. Kang because Y/n told us to, but I won his trust." Jimin clarified.

Changho sighed and threw his head back on the sofa. "Find the girl first."

"She's not a lost item. She walked out on her own because she was sick of this place. She'll come back after enjoying freedom." Jimin argued.

"That girl should not be out in the world," Changho said and Jimin snapped. "Dad, stop treating her like an object! You even always had mom in your hands. You should've stayed next to her when she passed away!"

"Let's stop talking about that." Jimin's father said and Jimin snorted before dashing out of the room.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Who?"

"My mother, Ara," Y/n said, a trace of warning in her voice. Taehyung's knee was against her thigh on the chair. Still warm. And yet, Y/n felt her blood turn cold. She really didn't want to say it. And yet she couldn't ignore the question. She needed Taehyung's help.

"My mother."
Okay. It was out there now. She'd said it, and she could go back to trying not to think about it—

"Didn't she die?"
A beat. Y/n hesitated and then nodded silently, not looking at either of the men at the table. She knew Namjoon wasn't trying to be mean—people were curious, after all. But it wasn't something Y/n wanted to discuss. She barely ever talked about it, even with Jin.

"I was told so...but she helped me escape-"
"How old were you—"
"Namjoon," Taehyung interrupted, tone sharp. He set his drink down with more force than necessary. "Stop harassing my girlfriend." 

It was less of a warning and more of a threat. "Right. Yes. I'm an insensitive ass." Namjoon smiled, apologetic.

Y/n noticed that Namjoon was looking at her shoulder. When she followed his gaze, she realized that Taehyung had placed his arm on the back of her chair. He wasn't touching her, but there
was something . . . protective about his position. He seemed to generate large amounts of heat, which was not at all unwelcome. It helped melt the sickening feeling of the conversation.

"Then again, so is your boyfriend." Namjoon winked at her. "Excuse me. I'll get some coffee and be right back."

The second he was gone, Y/n instantly turned to Taehyung. Now that they were alone there were about ten million topics for them to debrief on, but the only thing she could think of
was, "Am I really a vampire?"

He gave her a scathing look and took his arm away from around her shoulders. She felt cold all of a sudden. "I mean yeah. You have fangs, drink blood, and heal quickly. You are a vampire. Additionally, you are my ma-"