11: Coming For You

"Oh." Y/n gave him a surprised look.
"If you think that . . . If my sister is watching."
"Yeah." Y/n swallowed. "But we don't have to."
"I know, sweetheart."
"Unless you want to." Y/n's palms felt damp and clammy, so she surreptitiously wiped them on her jeans.

"And by 'want to' I mean, unless you think it's a good idea." She said.

It so was not a good idea. It was a horrible idea. Like all her ideas.

"Right." He looked past Y/n and toward Jisoo, who was probably in the middle of doing an entire Instagram Story on them. "Okay, then."
"Okay."

He stepped a little closer, and really, he was not gross. How someone this sweaty, someone who had just pushed a car, still managed to smell good was a topic worthy of a Ph.D. discussion, for sure. Earth's finest scientists should have been hard at work on this.

"Why don't I . . ." Y/n inched slightly into him, and after letting her hand hover for a moment she rested it over Taehyung's shoulder. She pushed up on her toes, angling her head up
toward him.

It helped very little, as Y/n was still not tall enough to reach his mouth, so she tried to get more leverage by putting her other hand on his arm, and immediately realized that she was basically hugging him, which was the exact thing he had asked her not to do a second ago.

Idiot Y/n.

"Sorry, too close? I didn't mean to—"

She would have finished the sentence if he hadn't closed the distance between them and just—kissed her. Just like that.

It was little more than a peck—just his lips pressing against hers, and his hand on her waist to steady her a little. It was a kiss, but barely, and it certainly didn't warrant the way her
heart pounded in her chest or the fact that there was something warm and liquid looping at the bottom of her belly.

Not unpleasant, but confusing and a bit scary nonetheless, and it had Y/n pull back after only a second.

When she eased back on her heels, it seemed like for a fraction of a moment Taehyung moved towards her, trying to fill the gap between their mouths.

Though by the time she had blinked herself free of the haze of the kiss, he was standing tall in front of her,
cheekbones dusted with red and chest moving up and down in shallow breaths.

She must have dreamed up that last bit. She needed to avert her eyes from him, now. And he needed to look elsewhere, too.

Why were they staring at each other?

"Okay," she chirped. "That, um . . . worked."
Taehyung's jaw twitched, but he didn't reply.
"Well, then. I'm going to . . . um . . ." She gestured behind her shoulders with her thumb.

"Jisoo?"
"Yeah. Yeah, to Jisoo. You said we will stay here tonight."
He swallowed heavily. "Okay. Yeah."

They had kissed. Not that it mattered. No one cared. Plus, the lap. Earlier today. Again, not that it mattered.

"I'll see you around, right? At night? In my room?" He lifted his fingers to his lips, then let his arm drop to his
side. "Yes. After dinner."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Jimin sighed and opened the door only to watch his father talking to a girl. Or to be more precise. Jimin's fiance.

"Oh, Jimin! How are you? Did you miss me?" Hyeri cheered and shifted in her place to make space for Jimin.

But Jimin walked over to sit beside his father on the opposite side of the couch. Hyeri noticed it but smiled, ignoring it. "When you return from France?"

"Today. I missed you." Hyeri says and Changho chuckled. "Such a cute child."

"Hyeri, let's talk outside," Jimin said and Hyeri smiled before excusing herself out from his father. Both of them exited the room and Jimin spoke instantly.

"Hyeri, let's break this engagement," Jimin said, and Hyeri widen her eyes. "I mean... I knew you were going to break this sooner or later but so direct. Oh my God. Calm down."

"You know very well why my dad is forcing me to marry you. It's because of the 3% shares owned by your family." Jimin said and Hyeri crossed her arms over her chest.

"Let me guess. You like someone else but you are afraid to confess. Cool, I like it. Let's do this. If she likes you back then I won't marry you. For now, let's break this engagement. But I'm not giving up until you confess to your girl. Deal?"

Jimin looked at her and sighed before nodding. "Deal."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"So you all found her? Where? Market? What? Borahae diner?" Chanyeol said over the phone.

"Alright. Keep me informed about everything. Yeah. Wait for further notice." Chanyeol said and hung up the call.

"I need to know why everyone is hiding that witch. My dad, uncle, and cousin. Everyone." He said spinning the phone in his hand and putting it inside his pocket.

He smirked and looked at the view outside his car window. "Enjoy your freedom, witch. I'm coming for you."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Can I sleep beside you?" Taehyung asked Y/n in hesitation. She looked over to him and raised her eyebrows before nodding slowly.

Things were awkward now. Taehyung was the older one between the two but he felt like a teenager in love. He cleared his throat and walked over to her who was fixing her night pajamas.

"Can I braid your hair?" Taehyung asked and Y/n flinched before turning back to face him. "You know how to do that?" Taehyung nodded.

"Sit on the edge of the bed and I'll braid for you," Taehyung said, going back and standing beside the bed. Y/n cutely hopped to the bed and sat on the edge facing her back to him.

He smiled before bringing a comb from the drawer and a hair tie. He walked back before brushing her icy blue hair with the comb.

"Do you like my blue hair?" Y/n asked and he chuckled before shaking his head. "I think black would look good on you but it's fine."

"Woah. I think so too but Jin said not to dye my hair since it'll look weird to have blue hair roots and black hair tips." She explained and he laughed at the image.

"It's okay. Blue is good too. I had blue hair. I liked it. I like blue on you too but I think black would look better." Taehyung said and she nodded her head. "Done!"

"Thank you!" She said and turned back to place a chaste kiss on his cheek. Taehyung froze on his position and looked down when she plopped herself on the side of the bed.

Taehyung kept the comb aside and climbed on the bed as well. He looked over at her and smiled. "Come here, sweetheart," Taehyung says, keeping his voice soft.

Y/n hesitates, then rolls into him, burying her face in his chest. She's asleep in seconds, her little breaths fluttering against his skin. He watches over her, his heart beating in his throat.

Sleeping with her was stupid. But if he was honest, his biggest mistake was kissing her.

One kiss. That's all it took for her to unravel him completely.

"Sleep well, sweetheart."