33. Cheater!

-Arie-

"I'm lucky I have a rich boyfriend because there is absolutely no way I'm not fired." Bryce says as he pulls clothes from my closet, folding them and dropping them into a big box.

I sit on my carpet as I lean into my full length mirror drawing in my eyebrows.

"Who told you to stay two weeks? Don't get me wrong I love you being here but you were supposed to stay a week to get me settled."

"That was until you worried the hell out of me. I couldn't just leave you."

"And I love you for that. They love you at the hospital will they really fire you?" I ask as I arch each eyebrow to make sure they are even.

"Probably not but I am on borrowed time."

I turn to look at him, "I love you, thank you for staying with me. I didn't ask but you knew I needed you to."

He walks over to squat down and sit behind me. He places his chin on my shoulder while wrapping his arms around me.

"I can't believe I adopted a drag daughter. I don't even do drag."

"You do drag through me and you know it."

"Maybe a little. But you are so much responsibility. Why do you worry your mother so much? Both your mothers."

"I don't mean to." I whine.

He peers into the mirror, "I love your eyebrows. You look pretty. What time is he supposed to be here? I'm hungry."

I look to the window, "It's already getting late he should be here already."

I reach for my phone to check the time, it's 7:10.

My phone rings in my hand and I lift it to my ear preparing myself for whatever excuse he cooked up.

"Hello?" He says after a few moments of me not saying anything.

"Let's hear it."

"Don't be upset. I'm with Bree. I'll be late you can order dinner without me."

I chuckle with bitterness.
"Don't worry about it. Stay with Bree." I hang up the phone and forward his number to spam.

I turn to Bryce, "Let's head out to dinner, we been cooped up."

He slowly nods, his expression sympathetic. I can tell he wants me to talk about it but I'm so sick of whining about that jerk.

"I'm fine. I made a promise to myself. I won't let him get to me. Get dressed babe. I'm taking you to my favorite Chinese restaurant. My treat."

It takes me all of five minutes to get ready. I throw on a baggy pair of sweat pants and one of my dads college tees. It comes down to my knees but I love it. I peer into the mirror I'm a total 90's vibe.

It almost looks like I tried but really I just plan to eat my own weight in rice and want to be comfy.

I pick up my purse and head down the stairs while putting on my biggest pair of hoop earrings.

"Oh hey there Lazy Eye." Bryce shades me the moment he sees me at the foot of the stairs.

"Ha ha ha you're so funny."

"Do you get it? You're channeling Left Eye but a lazy bitch version."

I frown at him, "I got it. You're hilarious." I say flatly.