18. The Creeper

-Arie-

I tip toe through the house and up the stairs.
I step into my room and close the door behind me ever so carefully and quietly before resting my back against it so relieved I actually got away with it.

Or so I thought.

"You stayed out the entire night?" Tees voice speaks up from beneath my comforter and I jump out of my skin.

My hand goes to cover my heart in shock.

When my mind registers it's really him and not my mom or dad I sigh again.

"You scared me."

"Did you sleep with him?" He asks disregarding me.

I take a deep breath and right myself, squaring my shoulders.

"Is that the sort of question friends ask each other?"

"Why not?"

"You sound like a boyfriend but that couldn't possibly be because we have never dated."

"Is that what you tell yourself to make it easier to sleep with my friend?"

"Yes. Yes it is. I'm not doing anything wrong and I didn't have sex with him not that it's your business. But since you started it did you sleep with Bree last night?"

His eyes go wide he is caught off guard by my question.

I chuckle, "As I thought. You know how I know? That's what you do every-time you're upset, scared, or angry you fuck the nearest warm body until you feel better. You were upset when you left the fair yesterday it doesn't take much to connect those obvious dots." I reply flippantly as I move around my bedroom readying myself for a hot shower.

I don't bother to hide as I take off Caleb's shirt and slip out of my dress. I toss it onto my window seat before taking off my undies.

I don't even look at him as I stroll into my bathroom fully nude.

I stand under the shower head enjoying the hot water as it drenches my hair. I'm not in there long before Tee steps in behind me.

He wraps his arms around me and rests his head on my shoulder.

"I don't know what to do." He says in a defeated tone.

"About?"

"Being a fucked up person. Please don't leave me I'm trying to fix it."

"I'm not leaving you but I can't go back either."

"You don't love me anymore." The way he says it I'm confused if whether it's a question or a statement.

I answer anyway.

"I do love you. I didn't think I was but I'm still in love with you."

"Why go to someone else then?"

"Do I have a choice? Should I stay in the same spot so you can keep coming up with ways to hurt me?"

"I won't. I don't want to...

"You can't help yourself. The more I try to fix the broken bits of you the more you cut me. I don't want to do it anymore Tee."

"Please don't say that. Don't give up on me."

"Believe it or not I haven't. I love you too much too."
I reach for my loofah and soap and start to wash my body around Tees  arms that still hold me.