14. Steal me away

-Caleb-

"I'm so full." Arie whines as she lays her head on my arm. I lean in closer as the smell of her hair teases me.

"Does that mean you won't want ice cream?"

"Not now but I'll be ready in like an hour." She says as she peers up at me with those unbelievably beautiful hazel eyes.

I smirk at her. "You have the biggest eyeballs I have ever seen."

Her eyebrows connect as if she's hurt by my words.

"Prettiest too." I add and she smiles. I love how animated her face is. Not just her very obvious emotions but she actually looks like a animated person at times.

I collect all the trash from the table and stand to walk it to the trash.

"You guys heading out?" Nickie asks and I turn to Arie.

"I'm all faired out." Arie admits as I turn to look at the group.

"Yeah we are leaving. How bout you guys?"

Tee grumbles something I can't hear as he shuffles out of the table and leaves without saying anything else.

"Tee has a headache. We will see you later guys." Bree calls as she turns to follow his receding back.

"How about you two?" I ask Nickie and Cassie.

"We are gonna hang back for a little longer but you guys go ahead." Nickie answers.

"Cool." I say casually as I  pluck the pink bag off the table and pull out the slippers I bought Arie.

The moment she sees them her eyes get big and bright in excitement.

"It's the power puff girls!" Arie exclaims as I pull the slippers apart and remove the tags.

When I'm done I start to lower myself to slip them on her feet but she reaches over and snatch's them away.

"They'll get dirty. I love them." She says as she study's them while rubbing her fingers over the animated faces.

I groan, "Should I have gotten the black ones?"

"No. I love them." Arie pouts while hugging the fuzzy slippers to her chest.

She's being too cute again.

I reach over and stroke her cheek.

"I'll wear my shoes." She says sweetly.

"Don't your feet still hurt?"

She shrugs, "I'll survive."

I decide then to go with plan b. I start to unbutton my shirt.

Arie looks at me like a cute little puppy wondering what the hell I'm doing.

I pull my shirt off leaving me in my white undershirt.

I wrap the denim collared shirt around Aries shoulders and guide her to put her arms through.

"I'm not cold." She says even while obediently letting me dress her.

"I know but I don't want anyone to see your undies before I get to."

Aries eyebrows furrow in confusion. I pluck her wedges off the picnic table seat and then turn and kneel before her.

"What are you doing?"