58. Rage!

-Trish-

The moment I set Arie down on his bed he releases me for the first time. He rolls over, takes hold of his pillow and buries his face.

I lift my hand to touch his shoulder and immediately change my mind.

I sigh as I stand from his bed. I look to Caleb who stands in the doorway.

He nods and turns out of the door. I pull the door closed behind me and follow him to the kitchen.

Caleb leans against the fridge as I lean on the island.

"What the fuck?" I say after a minute.

Caleb pushes off the fridge to stand beside me.

"My uncle told me that Trent was still unconscious when he arrived at his house that night. They took him to the hospital immediately after that. My uncle didn't return until the next day and AmberLynn was already there. Apparently she's his emergency contact. He told Trent to keep his mouth shut but he must of already told her some bullshit story." He whispers.

I take a deep breath, "You think it will get worse?"

"How?"

"AmberLynn already just made a scene...people will find out."

"I don't think so."

"Why?"

"If Trent has even one brain cell left he'll make sure she doesn't. He may be scared of us but he's terrified of my uncle."

"Why?"

"Cause my uncle would bury him alive in the middle of the woods and not lose sleep over it. Especially since my name is involved.  My Uncle Jayce is....very protective of me."

"Your moms brother?"

He nods.

I sigh, "Even still if things get messy...I'll admit to what I did. I won't let it touch you."

"It won't get messy. But for argument sake even then we will figure it out together. Also, never admit it. If we're convicted ok whatever but never confess."

I look at him confused. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing will happen but I can tell you're uneasy so I'm telling you that whatever happens keep your mouth shut and wait for my uncle to send his lawyers. If we're arrested it's the police and D.A's  job to prove that we did anything, let them earn their wage."

"How do you know he'll send lawyers?"

"Cause he would send me one and I told him your my best friend. I don't do stupid shit for just anyone, he knows you and Arie are important to me. You'll be taken care of no matter what so don't be uneasy."

He says as he places his hand on my shoulder and squeezes gently to reassure me.

He holds my gaze until I nod, letting him know I understand.

"What about Arie?" He asks.

"I'm pretty sure she wants to be left alone. She didn't want anyone to know and now suddenly people do. I'll check on her but I don't think we should bombard her to make ourselves feel better."

"I don't want to leave her."

"I know but she needs time to process what just happened. Come back tomorrow hopefully then.....

He sighs, "Yeah."

After walking Caleb all the way down to his car. I sit on the stairs outside as I process what happened tonight.