29. Silk

-Arie-

Bryce and I rode in the backseat as Caleb drove us home.

I don't want to talk about anything instead I take relief in Bryce's embrace until I start to drift to sleep.

I don't remember the ride it felt like minutes went by before Bryce was gently patting me awake.

"Home sweet home kid. Does your stomach feel any better?" He asks as he helps me from the car.

"Yeah it's fine. I'm just tired." I mutter.

Caleb places the back of his hand against my cheek prompting me to look at him.

"No fever. Just get some sleep."

"Will you call me tomorrow?" I ask feeling as though I left him hanging.

"Of course. I'll call in the afternoon in case you sleep in." He says as he leans in and brushes a kiss against my forehead.

My skin warms at the site of his kiss and for a moment I'm tempted to ask him to stay with me.

"Goodnight. Text me when you're home." I tell him as I push my needy thoughts away. I just want to feel better but Caleb doesn't deserve that. I'm consumed by icy blue eyes presently.

"Are you ready to talk about it?" Bryce asks the moment we reach my bedroom door.

I shake my head as I turn to face him.

"Too tired. I just want to shower and go to bed."

"Ok. Goodnight babe." He says as he walks toward the guest bedroom.

I take a long hot shower trying to rid myself of a frigidness deep inside.

It doesn't work. I crawl into my bed and burrow deep under my comforter when I hear my phone ding.

I sigh knowing exactly who it is.

Why doesn't he never leave me alone unless I flee the state?

I crawl to the foot of my bed poking just my arm out to locate my purse from the floor.

My fingers find it and I tug the strap pulling it beneath my blanket.

I sigh the moment my screen lights up.
3 missed called from Tee,5 texts. One from Caleb and the rest from Tee.

I open Caleb's first.

Cowboy Caleb🤠: Goodnight Gorgeous.

Me: Goodnight. Thank you for taking me home...and other stuff.

I wait for a few minutes to see if he will text back when he doesn't I take a deep breath and open Tees.

Tristian❤️‍🩹💔❤️‍🩹: Are you home?

Tristian❤️‍🩹❤️❤️‍🩹: I didn't mean what I said...Forgive me?

Tristian❤️‍🩹❤️❤️‍🩹: How do we always end up here?

Tristian❤️‍🩹❤️❤️‍🩹: I love you baby. Sweet dreams.

I can't reply or I just want to torture him.

I hate you Tee, I won't forgive you this time.

********

4 Hours Later

-Tee-

My eyes start to get heavy sometime after 1am. I'm laying on the couch as late night tv talks to me. I'm uncomfortable and anxious which isn't odd.