19. Not enough

A/N: 🌹🌹🌹
**{Leave You Lonely- Tara Carosielli}

- Arie-

We wake from our nap around 1:25pm. The air heavy with the unsaid. Without words we get out of bed and dress ourselves.

I walk Tee down the stairs and to the front door. He lingers for a while and I wonder if he is contemplating kissing me. But I don't help him. I just stare back at him forcing my features to be as neutral as possible. Reminding myself that we are nothing and to have not an iota of expectation.

"Have a good day." I tell him finally deciding to put him out of his misery.

Not very surprisingly my words urge him to act and he wraps his arm around my waist as he pulls me into a kiss.

It is truly as if he only wants me when I seemingly don't want him. I'm so sick of this game.

After parting he stares at my face for too long.

"What is it?" He asks after a few minutes.

"Have you noticed it's day time?"

He observes me with those deep icy blue eyes for an uncomfortable amount of time.

Then he simply smiles a smile with no warmth, humor, or any true sincerity. It occurs to me that he hated my statement.

Hate the truth Tee?

"Be good." He tells me as I lean forward and pull the door open for him.

Signaling I have had enough and get the fuck out.

He stares at me again as I look at the welcome mat.

When he realizes I plan to give him nothing he leans in and kisses me at the top of my head.

"I'll call you tomorrow."

I'm tempted to tell him to call his fucking girlfriend. Instead I don't say anything, don't do anything, give nothing.

He walks out the door and I push it closed behind him.

"I fucking hate you Tee." I say aloud to the door in front of me.

"No you don't." Bryce's voice comes from the top of the stairs and I turn to face him.

"I do. I equal parts love and hate that fucking dickhead."

He takes the steps slowly, his feet thudding hard on the wood as he drops his weight against each one.

He stands in front of me his expression sympathetic.

"This will never end until you stop letting him in here," he taps his index finger against my head.

"In here," he taps his finger against my chest above my heart.

He then pulls me into a hug and pats my buttcheek. "And most importantly in here. How can you get over him if you let him occupy so much space inside you?"

I hold him tight. "I love him so much it actually aches inside."

"I know babe."

"I want to end it but I really don't know how. I thought distance would but I was a fool for ever thinking that."

He sighs, "You make me worry about you so much....We have the house to ourselves hurry up so we can tan."

He lets me go and we just look at each other for a minute.

"I'll get the oil go ahead to the pool." I offer.